Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So i have an automatic 2007 accord and everytime I get to 6000 rpm i hear shakey noise when its about to shift. It sounds like some kind of plastic shaking really fast or hitting against something. I thought it would be a broken motor mount but im not sure what it could be. Thanks for reading all help will be appreciated, thanks.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
3,497 Posts
Why do you feel the need to almost redline an automatic transmission at 6,000 RPM? That can't be good if you are doing that all the time. It could be a lot of things. Hard to narrow down with "plastic shaking really fast". Does it happen with every shift, or only from first to second? Does the transmission ever slip gears or fail to engage any of the gears?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why do you feel the need to almost redline an automatic transmission at 6,000 RPM? That can't be good if you are doing that all the time. It could be a lot of things. Hard to narrow down with "plastic shaking really fast". Does it happen with every shift, or only from first to second? Does the transmission ever slip gears or fail to engage any of the gears?
Um it happens from 3rd to 4th and mostly on high speeds i push the car alot thats why i know it happens at a high rpm.

·
Registered
385 Posts
stop pushing your accord without at least upgrading to performance parts.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Could be a broken mount. My previous v6 accord did that between 3rd and 4th gears even without redlining it. Turned out to be front broken mount near the power steering.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stop pushing your accord without at least upgrading to performance parts.
I just dont think its worth it upgrading an automatic accord performance wise. And i only push it when i finish a turn so not really all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts