Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I am not sure if this is normal or not in the 9th gen 4 cylinders Accords, my wife 2017 EX-L with 24K miles, at idle i can feel the car vibration/Pulse/shake i don't know how to describe it's like Brrrrrrrrrr:LOL: ...the "Engine" run smoothly no hesitation no misfire or any sort of these things but that weird vibration i can feel it specially when the transmission in Drive A/C On and i am holding the brake pedal...anyone experienced this thing ?

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,213 Posts
If you searched, there are many of us have idle vibration, including mine. If you shifted it to Neutral, and it seems to smooth out the vibration, then my suggestion is to have your throttle body valve cleaned. Let us know your result. It's drive by wire throttle body, so make sure someone knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
302 Posts
All 4cyl engines vibrate because they are inherently "unbalanced" engines. Some designs vibrate more and some do it less depending on many factors. It is most likely normal if you have no drive-ability issues and if you feel no or less vibration when the car is in park or neutral.

You may feel more vibration when the A/C is on because the compressor puts an additional load on the engine.

"It's such a good vibration
It's such a sweet sensation"

-Marky Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts