·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Better turning
2. Feel bumps a bit more
3. Great V6 engine and transmission
4. Paid only $30,000 price
5. Want to try the 30 second audio update !

searchingtom

·
HK Moderator
13,923 Posts
I'm guessing that you are a "Glass is completely full or bone dry" kind of guy....

·
Registered
758 Posts
I picked my Black Coupe EX-l v6 w/ NAV up last Monday and the car is a great $30k coupe for sure. I looked at everything from the 370Z to the Infinity and for the money I couldn't find a coupe with over 275hp that was a better buy. I really like the new Infinity's but the coupe didn't get the front end make over that the sedan did for some reason. My guess is they will update it for 2016 but it's still $40k with NAV.. I did the 30 second upgrade last Friday but I don't really hear a big difference. Yes it's louder so you don't have to turn the volume up as high but at 30 now it sounds like 40 before. Now if you turn it up to 40 there is to much distortion and rattling. I'm going to try the sock stuffing to see if it stops some of the rattle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I picked my Black Coupe EX-l v6 w/ NAV up last Monday and the car is a great $30k coupe for sure. I looked at everything from the 370Z to the Infinity and for the money I couldn't find a coupe with over 275hp that was a better buy. I really like the new Infinity's but the coupe didn't get the front end make over that the sedan did for some reason. My guess is they will update it for 2016 but it's still $40k with NAV.. I did the 30 second upgrade last Friday but I don't really hear a big difference. Yes it's louder so you don't have to turn the volume up as high but at 30 now it sounds like 40 before. Now if you turn it up to 40 there is to much distortion and rattling. I'm going to try the sock stuffing to see if it stops some of the rattle.
I looked at a TON of cars too. i tested the following:

1. Golf R (amazing little car - but worried about the reliability and was $10,000 more in price)
2. TLX (4 and 6 cylinder) - too soft for me, didn't feel like a $5-10,000 upgrade over the Accord
3. Audi A3, nice but too small
4. Lexus ES 350 (maybe when I am 70 years old :)
5. BMW 2 Series (great drivers car, but back too small for my adult kids, pricey to maintain)
6. GTI - nice, but that was my car previous to my 2013 Accord sedan, wanted to try something different
7. Kia Optima (surprisingly a lot of features, seats were too firm, but gave me to pause)
8. Lexus IS 250 AWD (pricey, not great gas mileage, small V6 lacked oomph)
9. Ford Mustang (wow another nice car, but the backseat was too small, and I needed front or rear wheel drive for winter otherwise I may have purchased one. Ford did a nice job on that car)
10. Acura ILX (I was surprised how much like the Civic this car felt)
11. Infiniti G50 (heavier AWD car with big engine. driving dynamics lacked for me. the Bose audio in that car was by a mile far better than any other audio I heard in the aforementioned test drives). The Lexus cars that I drove did not have the Levinson audio.

What surprised me the most was how well the Accord sedan held up against the competition. When I test drove the V6 coupe I thought it felt like a great value with great looks. And when they said they would sell it to me for $30,000 - I said "I'll take it !" What a great value Honda has in this sedan/coupe model.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I looked at a TON of cars too. i tested the following:

1. Golf R (amazing little car - but worried about the reliability and was $10,000 more in price)
2. TLX (4 and 6 cylinder) - too soft for me, didn't feel like a $5-10,000 upgrade over the Accord
3. Audi A3, nice but too small
4. Lexus ES 350 (maybe when I am 70 years old :)
5. BMW 2 Series (great drivers car, but back too small for my adult kids, pricey to maintain)
6. GTI - nice, but that was my car previous to my 2013 Accord sedan, wanted to try something different
7. Kia Optima (surprisingly a lot of features, seats were too firm, but gave me to pause)
8. Lexus IS 250 AWD (pricey, not great gas mileage, small V6 lacked oomph)
9. Ford Mustang (wow another nice car, but the backseat was too small, and I needed front or rear wheel drive for winter otherwise I may have purchased one. Ford did a nice job on that car)
10. Acura ILX (I was surprised how much like the Civic this car felt)
11. Infiniti G50 (heavier AWD car with big engine. driving dynamics lacked for me. the Bose audio in that car was by a mile far better than any other audio I heard in the aforementioned test drives). The Lexus cars that I drove did not have the Levinson audio.

What surprised me the most was how well the Accord sedan held up against the competition. When I test drove the V6 coupe I thought it felt like a great value with great looks. And when they said they would sell it to me for $30,000 - I said "I'll take it !" What a great value Honda has in this sedan/coupe model.
Hey Tom...I'm glad you're enjoying your new V6 coupe. I almost got one of those but I drive city/suburbs 70% of the time so the V6 would've never really got used if you know what I mean...plus the so-so mileage in stop-and-go city traffic.

Anyway, one of the cars I might buy to replace my Accord one day is a GTI and I was wondering what your ownership experience was like. The #1 thing that concerns me with VW is the reliability. They're not lemons or anything but I definitely think they're a step below Honda, although I have met people who've put well over 100K miles on their VW's without any problems at all.

So, how long did you drive your GTI and did it give you any problems? Thanks in advance for anything you'd be willing to share.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Tom...I'm glad you're enjoying your new V6 coupe. I almost got one of those but I drive city/suburbs 70% of the time so the V6 would've never really got used if you know what I mean...plus the so-so mileage in stop-and-go city traffic.

Anyway, one of the cars I might buy to replace my Accord one day is a GTI and I was wondering what your ownership experience was like. The #1 thing that concerns me with VW is the reliability. They're not lemons or anything but I definitely think they're a step below Honda, although I have met people who've put well over 100K miles on their VW's without any problems at all.

So, how long did you drive your GTI and did it give you any problems? Thanks in advance for anything you'd be willing to share.
I had a 2012 GTI so the new models are a different platform (supposed to be really good).

I had no problems with my black GTI autobahn. It is really a fun car. Compared to the Accord, you can definitely tell it is a smaller, lighter car.

Reliability would not be as good as a Honda (but should be average).

I would recommend a lease if you get it.

Searchingtom

·
Registered
758 Posts
I bought the EX-L coupe with v6, automatic, NAV, LDW,a collision avoidance, dealer had added tinted windows, pinstrip, and wheel locks. I paid $30,400 for the car which I thought was fair. My last cat was a 2010 GTI with DSG Trans and I loved that car! Never gave me any problems and got 28 mpg with my lead foot..lol.. But I had owned two of those in a row and was looking for something different and with a little more power. The Accord Coupe has more hp and deffenantly feels faster than the GTI. Hell this car chirps the tires going into second gear...lol

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I had a 2012 GTI so the new models are a different platform (supposed to be really good).

I had no problems with my black GTI autobahn. It is really a fun car. Compared to the Accord, you can definitely tell it is a smaller, lighter car.

Reliability would not be as good as a Honda (but should be average).

I would recommend a lease if you get it.

Searchingtom
Thanks for the info. It's unfortunate that VW's aren't as reliable as Honda because they (VW) do build some very good handling cars.

Oh well, like you said...leasing sounds like the way to go.

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
I bought the EX-L coupe with v6, automatic, NAV, LDW,a collision avoidance, dealer had added tinted windows, pinstrip, and wheel locks. I paid $30,400 for the car which I thought was fair. My last cat was a 2010 GTI with DSG Trans and I loved that car! Never gave me any problems and got 28 mpg with my lead foot..lol.. But I had owned two of those in a row and was looking for something different and with a little more power. The Accord Coupe has more hp and deffenantly feels faster than the GTI. Hell this car chirps the tires going into second gear...lol
most cars can chirp second (MT) doesnt really mean they are fast....

interesting experience tho... now that is how you shop around and try out the market...

i think you could have tested out more cars but seems like you tested the ones that peaked your interest which is smart....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts