Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1314 Posts

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two weeks ago I stumbled across and ordered this:
http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/

With trepidation I applied it to my gal's dirty Corolla. It performed exactly as advertised. I put the car out in the sun and looked in vain for scratches, none to be found. The finish was indeed slick and looked wet. The glass was astounding in its clarity and reflection. WOW is all I could say.

Next I tried it on a neighbor's horridly filthy black car, complete with white water stains all over it from the Texas mineral content water. Not only did it remove the built up filth on the car but it also took care of the water spots....they were removed completely! The paint was as new including a fender that had been repainted. It was difficult to see the difference between the old and the new.

Then I tried it on a few different surfaces as described on the website......glass, mirrors, porcelain sinks, counter tops.......it worked on every one! Holy Smoke!!

No, I don't sell or represent it but I'm damn glad to have found it. I would like to represent it.

All surfaces are so slick that dirt just doesn't stick. Glass, painted surfaces (car), and others simply wipe clean or rinse off.

I am blown away by this stuff and took two weeks of trials before I wrote this tonight.

Here's my take on this stuff--

+ easy apply & removal, even with dirty (not mud caked) surfaces.
+ no scratching.
+ use el cheapo terrycloth towels, microfiber just doesn't work as well.
+ amazing slick finish even after two weeks.
+works on many surfaces.
+ glass will wipe clean with a single swipe two weeks later.

-fine spray spritzes product in areas that need to be cleaned with a detail brush. Door handle areas, crevices, etc.
- requires applicator from manufacturer but it works so well I can't really moan about it.
- If applied too heavily, which I did, dusting is apparent. It's easily taken care of with a California Duster. The best bet is to read the directions, and apply sparingly.

So far I've used this in roughly 20 different applications and I'm blown away each and every time. I wish I had found this years ago.

Is it a substitute for the buffer? No
Scratch removal? Not so hot
Can it take the place of waterless wash and quick detailer?
Yes....in spades.

Can you tell I'm blown away with this stuff?
I HIGHLY recommend.

It earned me a full detail job this coming Tues. just from the demo.

I'm ordering more!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It has 7.2% kerosene. I'm not so sure how good that will be on paint for the long-term. :dunno:

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
benjamming said:
It has 7.2% kerosene. I'm not so sure how good that will be on paint for the long-term. :dunno:
Hey Ben,

There are also 34 other ingredients......whatever they are. Long term? I don't know but it has been around since the eighties. Frankly I don't care if it has Unicorn dung in it, it works.

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BuyAccord said:
Can you throw gasoline on the car and set it on fire, yet still have the protection?
Cute, real cute. Here I try to let others know about a good product and you want me to light my car off! :)

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should have put this first.....

I've been looking for a product that would work for detail customers that couldn't or wouldn't cough up the $$ for the works done with the PC buffer and my alleged talent :D . More was needed than spray wax or quick detailer.

I lost a few jobs that just wanted "clean & shiny" but I won't anymore. Now I can offer clean & shiny along with a sealer all in one step, well, two actually. Wipe on, wipe off.
I didn't necessarily believe all of the other claimed uses but I do now having tried them.

Anyhow, that's what led me to the product. It's refreshing to find something that does what it says it will especially after buying a lot of crap that didn't live up to the hype.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Share with us how afew of your details and other uses stand up over a month or so when you can.

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
psyshack said:
Share with us how afew of your details and other uses stand up over a month or so when you can.
Will do. Items I applied one coat to; cars, mirrors, glass,sinks, fiberglass tub (exterior) etc., are still slick as a whistle after two weeks. Time will tell.

·
O do u know the buffinman
4,560 Posts
Hey RTF,

Does it separate after sitting for a couple hours?
Is the consistency like a sealer or thicker?
I see they say it is pink and the Kerosene is deodorized... can you smell kerosene at all?

I1 :)

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I1,

Yes it does separate and must be shaken for 15-20 seconds before use as with other sealants I have.

It is not quite as thick as other sealants or it wouldn't spray through the pump up applicator. It's not watery though, it's like AIO in that a little goes a long way.

No kerosene smell, in fact almost no smell at all.

·
O do u know the buffinman
4,560 Posts
Cool, The reason I ask is I still have a couple bottle's of a product call Steel Plate.

It is probably close to 20 years old. It appears to be very similar except it uses Naphtha which evaporates much faster than kerosene and the odor is very strong.

Basically it is Carnuba and Naphtha. Very easy product to work with due to the solvent base evaporating so fast. Goes on very easy and removes like a breeze.
We used to use on new vehicle prep for a telephone co. 100 bucks for the treatment!! :lmao: That was the only paint protection those vehicles received in their 7-10yr service life :dunno:

Let us know the longevity of this product. I am quite sure that it is Ideal for those tightwads that do not want to pay for a real detail. :yes:

At least the company is honest and calls it a glaze :thmsup:

I1 :)

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frankly I expected our cars to look good with the Wet Paint on them because the paint was in good shape to begin with.

What blew me away was the 6-7 year old black Nissan. It lives outside under a tree and hasn't seen a car wash in ages. Well, the owner is 19 and car cleaning doesn't make the top 100 on his priority list. The lawn sprinkler douses it regularly so it looked almost polka dotted.

To see it remove the filth, water spots, bird poop, and leave a smooth reflective surface was not expected. Even the windshield (how did he see through that thing?) came out as new with a single application.

I also tried it on another black vehicle that was faded and a bit chalky on the surface. Bada Bing! Another astounding transformation. Cruddy surface came off on the towel and the paint was renewed. This one was washed about two hours earlier. I remain in awe of this pink wonder..........

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Pink,, hummm

That and being a solvent base reminds me of some stuff I use to have to use on windows for my parents and grandparnets. It was called Glass Wax. Was pink, left a great shine and slick as could be. BUT,, it was very hard to work with. One of those ugly childhood memorys from the 60's.

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glass Wax,

I remeber that crap! It was a bear but it did shine them thar winders.

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After setting up the sprinklers (no built in system), I noticed hours later that I had accidentally sprayed the rear bumper & trunk of my gal's Corolla. Crap!

It had long since dried and left the typical white mess acquainted with high mineral water spray. It wiped off with a single pass with a terry towel! I REALLY need to sell this stuff!

·
Sooners in FL - GO OU!!!
69 Posts
RTexasF...

Sounds pretty good adn $21ish is not too bad. I use Final Details (a Dupont product). It's a spray liquid wax. I traded my last two cars with Final Details and both dealers were impress with the shine of the car. The kicker is Final Details is through QVC. :yes:

I am curious about your product that you discovered. I might have to purchase it and find out.

Do you have any pictures of all of your applications?

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sooner,

I haven't taken any pics yet. I'll try to get one in the next day or so. I purchased the quart with applicator and it came to about $27 or so with shipping.

In spite of using it on anything & everything there is still about 16oz remaining. A little goes a long way.

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I also found out that does an A-1 job on wheels & hubcaps. I had done the front hubcaps of the Corolla and the brake dust just wiped off with a rag after two weeks. What a switch from the scrub, scrub, scrub, I used to go through.

I did my wheels too, they don't dust like the Yota's but it did make them look nicer.

I like this stuff.

·
13,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The weather here has not been condusive to taking pictures. Cloudy, rainy, kinda crappy overall. As soon as time & weather permit I'll try to get a few pics.

We need the rain so I'm not groaning at all, it has just set back my picture timeframe.

·
39.1 going on 40mpg!
4,723 Posts
RTexasF said:
The weather here has not been condusive to taking pictures. Cloudy, rainy, kinda crappy overall. As soon as time & weather permit I'll try to get a few pics.

We need the rain so I'm not groaning at all, it has just set back my picture timeframe.
It's been raining here non-stop for the past week! I have yet to see the sun here. :( Cloudy/ rainy days are so depressing and my car needs a good detailing inside and out!

1 - 20 of 1314 Posts