Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Pro-Kit on for almost a week now but I haven't been able to snap any pics (bad weather), so on my way home I pulled over to take a few quick shots. Here's some before and after shots.

Before Pro-Kit Installation - Wheel gap I could literally fist my car! And I have really big hands.

Same pose with Pro-Kit Installed - Much better, only about a 1.5 finger gap, and the springs have yet to settle.

Rear Pose without Pro-Kit and without Dual Exhaust - Looks so goofy sitting so high.

Similar Pose with Pro-Kit and Duals - So sexy....

Another pic of the Pro-Kit Installed - I love the look of the rear of the car.

The best thing about the Pro-Kit is that it's low enough to effective eliminate unwanted wheel gap, but not low enough to scape speed bumps (at least not the ones in my neighborhood) and combined with the upgraded sway bar and a good set of tires the body roll is virtually gone and it handles so much better than stock. So if your are on the fence about lowering your car, dont think just do it! You will love your car like never before. :thmsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Noticed the extra tip...what's your set up on the duals?
Nice drop btw...putting Nuespeed Sports on this week if time permits.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Nice drop, man. I need to get this done but just moved into a new apartment complex for school and there's like 5 speed bumps to get in/out. Any side shots?

·
Registered
325 Posts
the drop is great man, i really want to get a pro kit drop as well...is the ride noticeably stiffer?

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noticed the extra tip...what's your set up on the duals?
Nice drop btw...putting Nuespeed Sports on this week if time permits.
Thanks, and good luck on the install! As far as the exhaust goes it's just a simple Y pipe leading to both mufflers. The best thing about it, besides the obvious aesthetics is that I didn't lose any torque what so ever. On the contrary It feels like I actually gained a few ft lbs of torque especially off the line.

Nice drop, man. I need to get this done but just moved into a new apartment complex for school and there's like 5 speed bumps to get in/out. Any side shots?
Thanks A lot! Dang, I knew I forgot something. I have one side shot, here's the before and after.

Before Pro-Kit Installation - Can you say 4x4 status! :paranoid:

After Pro-Kit Installation - Much, much better, the front is a bit deceiving because I forgot to turn the wheel back straight but you get the idea.

Nice drop and nice car overall. Where in Fairfax are you?
Nice another DMVer! I'm right at Main St. and Jermantown Rd. Close to the Giant Food. I actually work there, so If you've ever passed through you have probably seen my 5th gen and my 7th gen.

the drop is great man, i really want to get a pro kit drop as well...is the ride noticeably stiffer?
Thanks! The ride feels similar to stock except for the fact the you really feel some of the bigger bumps, but the trade off is worth it. Much better handling, no acceleration squat, no body roll, extremely small brake dipping during hard stops and a much sexier looking car!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
That looks great man. Did you do them yourself?

·
Super Moderator
5,665 Posts
looks good man! the pro-kit makes a world of difference and still gives you a comfortable ride :)

·
Full Throttle
78 Posts
Looks great, are you still running stock shocks/struts?

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
looks good. i myself have the same springs. what size tires are you running? I just ordered a set of general UHP's actually just been delivered an hour ago.

I have my stock wheels on with the pro-kit and my car looks pretty damn low.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks great boss! Just wondering how many inches your Pro Kit drops the car. I was thinking of 19's and about a 1" drop just for the firmness / stability / look.

You're so right about the difference it makes - I had a Pro-Kit on my Mazda Protege before I got the Accord and the difference in ride/roll was night and day.

Great job on the car once again!! Nice and clean.

·
Registered
685 Posts
looks good. i myself have the same springs. what size tires are you running? I just ordered a set of general UHP's actually just been delivered an hour ago.

Hey, your car looks so good with that drop with even stock rims. I have the same, thinking about some 18s or 19s with maybe a good inch drop.
:thmsup:

Do you know much about Road Magnet springs?

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
Hey, your car looks so good with that drop with even stock rims. I have the same, thinking about some 18s or 19s with maybe a good inch drop.
:thmsup:

Do you know much about Road Magnet springs?
never heard of em. This is my 2nd lowered car the first car I did 2 suspension setups.. konis with race springs (it was slammed way too low for new england roads) then I went with tein S-tech springs which were actually really good but I decided to go with eibach pro kit this time because I was told it feels more like stock suspension. I'm very happy with the eibach pro kit, I do still scrape every once in a while tho.

·
Registered
325 Posts
you from the dmv too? i think several guys are trying to get a meet goin on. im from moco county

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Nice another DMVer! I'm right at Main St. and Jermantown Rd. Close to the Giant Food. I actually work there, so If you've ever passed through you have probably seen my 5th gen and my 7th gen.
I don't think I seen your car around. I see a 7th gen EX sedan SSM with TL wheels parked at the Bank of America alot. I'm over by Mason.

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That looks great man. Did you do them yourself?
Ha, I wish I could of done it by myself instead spending so much to get it installed. Prices are crazy in my area.

looks good man! the pro-kit makes a world of difference and still gives you a comfortable ride :)
Thanks and yep the ride is very comfortable! I was actually quite surprised. My last lowered 5th Gen was extremely bone jarring compared to this.

Looks great, are you still running stock shocks/struts?
For the time being I'm still running the stock struts but if they blow (which I'm pretty sure they wont for a while) I'll invest in some after market replacements.

Nice drop! Your's actually looks lower than mine, probably because of the larger sidewalls. I'm running 215/50/17's on my UHP's. Trust me, your going to love them. I never hear a peep out of them compared to the stock Bridgestones which howled in protest after the slightest cornering. Very grippy.

Looks great boss! Just wondering how many inches your Pro Kit drops the car. I was thinking of 19's and about a 1" drop just for the firmness / stability / look.

You're so right about the difference it makes - I had a Pro-Kit on my Mazda Protege before I got the Accord and the difference in ride/roll was night and day.

Great job on the car once again!! Nice and clean.
Thanks man! I think the Pro-Kit is just under an 1.5in drop in the front and about 1.2in in the rear.

you from the dmv too? i think several guys are trying to get a meet goin on. im from moco county
Yep DMV ftw. I'm always down for a meet, just come up with a time and place.

I don't think I seen your car around. I see a 7th gen EX sedan SSM with TL wheels parked at the Bank of America a lot. I'm over by Mason.
Never seen that car before but since you go to that Citgo I'm sure we'll spot each other sooner or later. I'm there quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Sounds good. Did you also get the ingalls camber kit? I also noticed you have splash guards. Any problems with the prokit/splashguard combo so far?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Never seen that car before but since you go to that Citgo I'm sure we'll spot each other sooner or later. I'm there quite a bit.
We'll set times in the future to meet up there.

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds good. Did you also get the ingalls camber kit? I also noticed you have splash guards. Any problems with the prokit/splashguard combo so far?
No camber kit yet. I'm going to get an alignment next week, so I'll see whether or not I need to get one. So far no problems with the splash guards hitting speed bumps or inclines.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts