Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am teying to do an aftermarket stereo in my car, which is a pain in these cars. So, my main option so far is to keep my stock headunit and do some kind of LOC to interface with my after market amps. Finding a LOC that will give me the sound I want has been a pain. I could use amfancy dsp, but shops near me are unable or unwilling to tune it. So...

What about adding an aftermarket headunit(single din) in my car just for the music, and leave everything else from the factory(accept anc) alone? What about adding the aftermarket unit in my glove box, or center arm rest? I know kha did this but tied his oem unit into it. I am talking about not doing any of that. No tie in, no stearing wheel control integration. Would this work? Is there enough space and dept in either the glovebox or center arm rest?

·
Registered
223 Posts
So I am teying to do an aftermarket stereo in my car, which is a pain in these cars. So, my main option so far is to keep my stock headunit and do some kind of LOC to interface with my after market amps. Finding a LOC that will give me the sound I want has been a pain. I could use amfancy dsp, but shops near me are unable or unwilling to tune it. So...

What about adding an aftermarket headunit(single din) in my car just for the music, and leave everything else from the factory(accept anc) alone? What about adding the aftermarket unit in my glove box, or center arm rest? I know kha did this but tied his oem unit into it. I am talking about not doing any of that. No tie in, no stearing wheel control integration. Would this work? Is there enough space and dept in either the glovebox or center arm rest?
Please see this post: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/138-audio-electronics-lighting/237274-adding-aftermarket-head-unit-2014-sport.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts