Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
EarthDreams
789 Posts
I was told that they are currently backordered everywhere. Not sure about the facts on that but let me know how it goes if you do decide to order them.

Did Throwdown tell you that? That sounds like something they would say in attempt to keep someone's business.

My 2 cents about camber kits: if you aren't going the inexpensive route (I.e. J-Power/Advance a Depot) you might as well go with SPC. If I'm not mistaken SPC offers a lifetime warranty, so it's worth the extra ~$100 when compared to Truhart, or Megan (which is pretty much the same price if memory serves me right).

For what it's worth, I bought the J-Power kit about 9 months ago and haven't had an issue yet. My buddy, who did the alignment for me after I installed my Street Advances and camber kit, told me to check the arms after a couple hundred miles. He said sometimes the locking nuts on the arms will vibrate themselves loose on the lower end kits. After 5,000 miles mine are still toight like a toiger and the bushings are a-okay as well.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did Throwdown tell you that? That sounds like something they would say in attempt to keep someone's business.
Yeah I'm going to give them a call tomorrow morning to see what the deal is. Might just end up canceling from them and order from a different supplier. Impatiently waiting to lower my car! :headbash:

·
Registered
983 Posts

My 2 cents about camber kits: if you aren't going the inexpensive route (I.e. J-Power/Advance a Depot) you might as well go with SPC. If I'm not mistaken SPC offers a lifetime warranty, so it's worth the extra ~$100 when compared to Truhart, or Megan (which is pretty much the same price if memory serves me right).

For what it's worth, I bought the J-Power kit about 9 months ago and haven't had an issue yet. My buddy, who did the alignment for me after I installed my Street Advances and camber kit, told me to check the arms after a couple hundred miles. He said sometimes the locking nuts on the arms will vibrate themselves loose on the lower end kits. After 5,000 miles mine are still toight like a toiger and the bushings are a-okay as well.
A few considerations are in order on this.

First how low you going? I chose a 2 arm TruHart kit for that reason alone, I am only going a inch if that so IMHO no need for 3 arm kit.

I did a search on JPower and in Acuras they had bushing issues but hey a unit can be missed by QC.

I paid 297. I am not cheap and could have done the 3 PC SPC but do not think I need it on a mild drop.

I also fear that if you go for an alignment will the Tech know how to adjust a 3 PC set? Will you get everything out of a 400 dollar investment?

If I need it I can buy the third arm from TruHart but think I will be fine.

Again not a lot of data out on these camber kits and longevity yet.

Since you did your own Tein install could you look at the Tein Height thread and ad any install thoughts you have there? Trying to get a thread on Teins and self installs with any info and got yas going there.

Thanks in advance.

·
EarthDreams
789 Posts

First how low you going? I chose a 2 arm TruHart kit for that reason alone, I am only going a inch if that so IMHO no need for 3 arm kit.

I did a search on JPower and in Acuras they had bushing issues but hey a unit can be missed by QC.

I paid 297. I am not cheap and could have done the 3 PC SPC but do not think I need it on a mild drop.

I also fear that if you go for an alignment will the Tech know how to adjust a 3 PC set? Will you get everything out of a 400 dollar investment?

Since you did your own Tein install could you look at the Tein Height thread and ad any install thoughts you have there? Trying to get a thread on Teins and self installs with any info and got yas going there.

Thanks in advance.
I'm almost as low as possible. I could go about .25" lower in the front and .4" lower in the rear. If you're lowering less than an inch then a 2-arm kit should suffice.

I also read through Acurazine and saw the exact post you're talking about where the guy had bushing issues. As I continued to read through his posts I became more and more convinced that the issues he was having were his own fault. It seemed like he didn't really know what he was doing.

A tech should definitely be able to adjust the arms. They're very easy to adjust. You just twist them. I needed the 3-arm kit since I went so low.

I'll take a look at the TEIN thread during my lunch break if I have some spare time. Last day of personal tax filing so the office is kind of hectic right meow. I have loads of advice as far as the install goes. I've posted it in the suspension thread but that was a long time ago and I understand not wanting to swim through all the useless BS within that thread.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks in advance.
so youre running jpower on ur 9th gen? i was really debating between 2PC SPC and advance 3PC, im sitting on megan EZ, front are sitting right on top of tires and rear right on top too. can i get ur opinion on which camber kit i should get

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'm almost as low as possible. I could go about .25" lower in the front and .4" lower in the rear. If you're lowering less than an inch then a 2-arm kit should suffice.

I also read through Acurazine and saw the exact post you're talking about where the guy had bushing issues. As I continued to read through his posts I became more and more convinced that the issues he was having were his own fault. It seemed like he didn't really know what he was doing.

A tech should definitely be able to adjust the arms. They're very easy to adjust. You just twist them. I needed the 3-arm kit since I went so low.

I'll take a look at the TEIN thread during my lunch break if I have some spare time. Last day of personal tax filing so the office is kind of hectic right meow. I have loads of advice as far as the install goes. I've posted it in the suspension thread but that was a long time ago and I understand not wanting to swim through all the useless BS within that thread.
I thank you for any help on this install coming up.

I see the Tein thread as a great place to put information on that product alone, install and adjustment of.

I can search through the suspension thread if I need to.

I just want to start reading and getting an idea of what I need to do to get this done. I have used spring compressors and installed shocks and struts and lowering springs but never on a Honda.

Any help is appreciated in the Tein adjustment thread.

Thanks for the advice on the kits.

Like I say if I need the third link in the rear I will buy it but I am not slamming it. I just want it a bit lower for stance and handling and feel the springs will be better than OE and the shock and struts should be decent and at least made to be lowered.

Never comfortable using springs to drop a car on OE struts and shocks. They are just not made for it.

Dont get me wrong back in the day I had plenty of friends who just hacked off coils on OE springs to "lower" their cars :laugh

·
EarthDreams
789 Posts
Called TDP 4 times today with no answer. I don't even care about the status of my order now. I just want to cancel it. First and last time I deal with TDP.
I can honestly say I'm not surprised one bit. That's why I'll never buy something from them. TDP pops up here every now and again and chimes in with "Hey guys! The new [product] is finally in stock with free shipping when you order from us! I want to remind you that we've been doing the most R&D out of any other company in regards to the Honda Accord aftermarket parts market. You should buy from us because we're the sponsored vendor here and we're such a great company to death with..." and so on and so forth.

Then when someone calls them out on their mediocre pricing and EXTREME lack of customer support they respond with, "We apologize. Due to the high demand it's just not physically possible for us to take everyone's calls. If you can't get a hold of us just hang up and try again later. You should still buy your parts from us because we're the best!"

I refuse to do business with companies like that. You never know, maybe they truly are dedicated to the Accord market, but they're obviously not dedicated to the players within that market. They just want your money.

I got my Accord in 2012 and had been waiting for TEIN to finally release their coilovers. After waiting for over a year I grew impatient and decided to just get the Megan EZ streets instead. If I didn't like them I would swap them for TEIN Street Advances once they were released. Knowing TDP was nothing but a bag of suck, I ordered from ImportRP. The next day ImportRP emailed me to let me know the Megans were on backorder. I was bummed, but the very next day I had heard great news! The TEINs finally hit the market. I immediately shot an email back to ImportRP and asked if I could switch my Megans for the new TEINs. They responded and told me they weren't aware that TEIN had even released coils so I told them about my situation (how I had been waiting forever, and decided to order the Megans because I was sick of waiting). The guy empathized with me, cancelled my order, and issued a full refund.

I then found the Street Advances for sale on Heel's website. The price seemed decent so I clicked the button. Within the next few hours ImportRP contacted me to let me know that they had just received word of a shipment of TEINs coming directly from Japan. They wanted to know if I was still interested in ordering a set. I was so impressed by their customer service that I instantly considered canceling my Heel order and purchasing through them, again. I responded and explained how I had already ordered them through HeelPoop, but offered to cancel my order with HeelToe if they could beat their price of $1062.75. He quoted me a price of $1059.00--SOLD!

I logged on to Heel and regretfully canceled my order. A few minutes later I received a cancellation confirmation email which said someone would be contacting me shortly to follow up with my cancellation. A couple hours later my phone rang and it was the CEO of Heel, Mucus. He just wanted to know why I canceled, and was curious if there was any way he could accommodate me. I explained my situation to him. He told me he respected the fact that I was returning my business to the original supplier I had chosen due to their superior customer service I had received (though at this point I was honestly wishing I could order 2 coils from one supplier and 2 from the other just because they had both treated me so well). I told Mucus how impressed I was and promised him (at my own free will) that I would purchase from him in the future.

That's good business right there. He clearly isn't resting his feet on a desk all day while wafting a wad of cash in front of his nose.

I digress. My point is: better prices AND customer relations can be found nearly anywhere else on the internet. If you treat your customers as nothing more than a number, they're more than likely to walk away and never come back.

so youre running jpower on ur 9th gen? i was really debating between 2PC SPC and advance 3PC, im sitting on megan EZ, front are sitting right on top of tires and rear right on top too. can i get ur opinion on which camber kit i should get

It's up to you. I've had ZERO issues with the J-Power kit. It's also worth noting that I drove from Pittsburgh to Fort Lauderdale (1,200 miles) with all this stuff installed as well: new coils, new wheels, and the camber kit. That's a 20-hour drive at a fairly high rate of speed (55-85 mph). Not a single problem arose.

I thank you for any help on this install coming up.

I see the Tein thread as a great place to put information on that product alone, install and adjustment of.

I can search through the suspension thread if I need to.

I just want to start reading and getting an idea of what I need to do to get this done. I have used spring compressors and installed shocks and struts and lowering springs but never on a Honda.

Any help is appreciated in the Tein adjustment thread.

Thanks for the advice on the kits.

Like I say if I need the third link in the rear I will buy it but I am not slamming it. I just want it a bit lower for stance and handling and feel the springs will be better than OE and the shock and struts should be decent and at least made to be lowered.

Never comfortable using springs to drop a car on OE struts and shocks. They are just not made for it.

Dont get me wrong back in the day I had plenty of friends who just hacked off coils on OE springs to "lower" their cars :laugh
I'm right there with you. If you care about your Accord then coilovers are the best bet, without question. If you don't care then go ahead and put lowering springs on it, but beware that the shorter springs will undoubtedly have an adverse effect on the longevity of your dampers.

·
CheddyCheez
126 Posts
Hey guys, I have a 2016 accord... I just recently lowered my car and the camber is negative. I'm looking for a kit now to fix it but I want something really reliable that has good reviews. I was thinking of eibach, SPC, or megan racing (they say 2013-2015 but i'm sure its the same with the 2016 model right????). Those are the only brands I know right now, would love to know more and if anyone could give me some reviews if they have any camber kits. I am willing to spend extra $$ for good ones.

·
845 Form & Function Crew
165 Posts
I second the J Power arms. Super solid and the same thing as the Spc for a fraction of the price

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
shut up! i'm french :P
279 Posts
Anybody knows if the camber kit brings the bottom of the wheel inside or the top out!?

I would like to install one on each cars but don't have much space on top for the wheels to be pushed out. Do I go for only one or 3 arms?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have the jpower 3 arm kit via eBay for $160~.. put 20k on it already, no problems easy install.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have heard from both sides claiming you do and you don't need a camber kit after installing the HFP suspension, in my case I could use a rear kit according to my alignment shop. I would like to know what camber kits, 1 arm 2 arm or 3 arm have worked for you.

I found an ---> inexpensive set <--- that includes front ball joints.

Or the ---> SPC 67540 <--- they also make 67135 ball joints
Or ---> Truhart, <--- looks like a 2 arm kit

61 - 80 of 81 Posts