Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen one of these threads where anyone can just post what thy have done to their Accords. If there is a similar thread please let me know thanks. It's usually a stickie

Today I bought a new jack :) for the new 01 accord ex and changed oil and transmission fluid.
installed new headlight housing
a double din Bluetooth pioneer DVD also threw in 5k hid.

(this all wasn't today, but you get the idea)

ImageUploadedByAG Free1363448503.293189.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1363448573.139839.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
I got mine washed last week after like 7 months of no love, lol.

·
Bout it, Bout it
809 Posts
I finally got around to changing the spark plugs. They were the original ones in my '02 and at 166k miles, greatly overdue. They looked surprisingly good for their age, with no gunk buildup and the gapping still looked spot on.

·
Four Doors/Three Pedals
1,410 Posts
I mourned its untimely, violent demise. :boohoo:

·
Professional Bum
52 Posts
Fixed the intermittent odometer, replaced the D4 light bulb in the instrument cluster, changed the ATF, and fixed the sloppy windshield wiper arm (bad bushing).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Today I found out I have a factory alarm. Haha I locked my doors and then tried to open from the inside and it went off.

I'm wanting to get a remote for it, mine did not come with one and don't want to go to the stealership I I can figure out how to program it myself.

·
2000 Coupe
29 Posts
I ran mine up to 481 miles on a single tank of gas (holy cow!!) :biggrin:before chickening out and stopping to pull out the 2 gallon gas can in the trunk and draining it into the gas tank. I read too many internet articles and posts yesterday telling me I was a BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD person to let my car run out of gas.....:paranoid:

·
2000 Coupe
29 Posts
481 miles is great?! I usually only get 350
Before I fill up

17 gallon gas tank X 30 MPG = 510 miles per tank theoretically

I was trying to do two things: 1) find out how far I could get on one tankfull and 2) see if a low fuel light would come on since I replaced the bulb.
The light never came on so I must assume my car doesn't have this feature since I must have been down to 1 gallon left in the tank (fuel gage needle was BELOW the E line!).

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
I got gas for her :p

17 gallon gas tank X 30 MPG = 510 miles per tank theoretically

I was trying to do two things: 1) find out how far I could get on one tankfull and 2) see if a low fuel light would come on since I replaced the bulb.
The light never came on so I must assume my car doesn't have this feature since I must have been down to 1 gallon left in the tank (fuel gage needle was BELOW the E line!).
You know, if you got a FULL 17 gallons of gas from your car, then that would mean that you ompletely emptied out your tank. Realistically, the car will eat up at most 16.5 gallons at most since there will still be a little bit of fuel left in the tank before running out of gas.

·
99 Accord Ex Coupe 3.0
1 Posts
I changed headlights changed, air intake, rims, studs on 2 of my hubs, changed oil, changed oil cap and radiator cap, re-wired my spoiler light, changed my front bumper and driver side fender, in the process of taking tint off windows, changed interior carpet to black, changed out my hydrolic for the hood, re did the battery cables and terminals, changed out right side mirror, and I am looking for a catlyaic converter for my car then someone to get the old one off and weld the new one on. Did this from monday-thursday. Im 16, moms always at work, dad wont help me out with my car:thumbsdow. So far nothings blown up so im pretty sure I did everything right. Paid all by my check from in & out burger. 10.25 an hour. Will post pics later today :thumbsup:

·
98 Accord Sedan 2.3 5-spd
35 Posts
Changed my cabin filters, washed and waxed, Installed oem fog light switch, painted my heat shroud under the hood, ordered new center caps for my wheels, fog lightd and black headlights :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Last weekend, I did
1) Change engine oil + filter
2) Change ATF after 16 K miles. Drain plug was covered with 1 mm layer of fine black powder.
3) Turn star wheels on 2 rear brakes because the parking brake lever was going up too far for my taste.
4) Rotate 4 tires.

1 - 20 of 252 Posts