Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

221 - 240 of 252 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
Installed some aftermarket headlights last week. Fitment is kinda meh on the driver side. I had to remove the intake resonator in order for it to fit (which the barely legible instructions failed to mention). They were $130 for the pair though, so I'm not complaining. View attachment 517063 View attachment 517064

headlights are Spec-D Halo Projectors

I can post a link to where I bought them if anyone is interested (I can't post links in my first post I guess)
Where in California are you located?

Headlights look good!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Solved overheating issue (thanks CDsDontBurn!)
Installed new water temp sensor (had it on hand)

Yesterday I cleaned the throttle body and broke a vacuum line. Looking for a replacement.

·
Kaua‘i North Shore Boi.Aloha❤️???
69 Posts
What up Killahz?
Installed new/used(refurbished) VTEC off eBay, $35.. code P1259 remained?. Swapped generic Chinese VTEC pressure switch on spool unit with Isumo brand one I previously bought because I broke the OG one with my wrist trying an access shortcut to fix 1739, 2nd gear pressure switch, ($12 eBay for Isumo brand VTEC pressure switch, works!). Code FREE FOR A WEEK! ? And, VTEC back in full force! Chooooooooop!! Haha.. Received $10 refund because of faulty pressure switch. $25 VTEC spool? Awesome! Last night checked and adjusted alternator and PS belts tensions. Installed K&N cold air intake 4 days ago. Still have a -20% fuel trim, but think it's because I have no cat converter (young kid in the past made it straight pipe ghetto rig). Right? Can't find a vacuum leak.. maybe the TB gasket..??
Code FREE and brought back from the brink of Death! Yeah Baybee!!
Aloha❤??????❤
-Kimo

·
!#@$!$# NO CARRIER
28 Posts
Couple weeks ago my 01 sedan developed a noise that sounded like the death rattle of an entire universe. After some poking and prodding with an improvised stethoscope (a length of 1/2 EMT :) ) I figured it was most likely the catalytic converter. A short perusal of teh intarwebz provided plenty of examples of other Accords with the same malady; several youtubers had videos up that sounded just like mine(y). Quick trip to Amazon, and two days later a new catalytic converter is on the front step. Just finished the install.

Surprisingly, the 18 year old nuts broke loose relatively easy, once I extended the breaker bar to get enough torque into the situation:

Naturally, though one of the nuts just WOULD not let go of the stud: penetrating oil (dose after dose over a couple hours) did nothing, socket rounded it off, vise-grips made it worse, it even broke my nut splitter!:mad:

So the Sawzall was brought into play, though the geometry of the situation meant only the first inch of the blade could actually be brought to bear. So, every couple minutes I had to crawl out from under the car, clamp the blade in a vise, and whack it with a hammer to snap off the end and expose new teeth :rolleyes: ).

After about an hour of this routine the stud was cut through enough to snap it off with a pair of pliers. A couple whacks with a sledge hammer and cold chisel broke loose the little bit of nut remaining.

Took a bit of wiggling and loosening up one of the exhaust hangers to get enough play, but finally the old converter popped out.

Moved the O2 sensor over to the new gizmo and rounded up the gaskets and nuts and bolts and such.

The new converter went on in about 15 minutes. Whee.

Blessed silence! And blessed reduced backpressure and no more weird little hesitations around 2000 RPM. WIN! :cool:

·
69 Posts
Guess I scraped one of those concrete blocks at the front of parking spaces, and it ripped my radiator bottom seam open. Yay. Gasket was torn. Took apart, and pried back together. Still slow leak. Was gonna jb weld the B, but was lucky enough to have a friend find an abandoned accord station wagon.. i didn't know they existed. installed radiator, and all G! Aloha

·
69 Posts
Got my gauge feelers in the mail, so did a valve adjustment. Gasket was pretty new, so just scraped off liquid gasket with a razor. Have the flat gauge feelers, so found it's easier after turning the crankshaft with the crankshaft bolt (need to tighten power steering I think, didn't grip after a little), it's easier to lay the feeler horizontal over both points and tighten and adjust like that. It is a frustrating few angles! Removed the timing belt top cover to see wheel. Hard to maneuver off. Was hitting the two sensors by the belt tdk or something and camshaft position sensor, it was hitting the connector. So I removoed it from the snap on clip and muscled the cover off then on after. Later got a code P0325. Knock sensor. It's 8 months old! $90. Checked this morning, guess I pulled it loose. All G so far today! Jacking up the car and going from the bottom is the way to access the knock. Find a good arm angle.. these cars aren't made for 6'3" builds. Haha Aloha!

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
Not today, but rather Saturday night. Did an oil change, 1x D&F, and replaced some gaskets. More details in Dirty Girl's thread! Link in my signature.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Snows on! X-Ice on American Racing wheels that were $60 on clearance from Pep Boys. Looked better than steel wheels.

Usually runs on Toyo Proxes T1Rs on larger Konigs, which would get someone instantly killed on any ice.

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
I picked up a pair of front wheel bearings, Timken TM-510050, to be pressed in since the spindles will be taken out while the transmission is out. AFAIK the ones in there now are original to the car and they have 350k miles on them, lol.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Finished the replacement of the high-pressure power steering line. This job was a real PIA.

Ended up taking way too long because I lacked a few proper tools, couldn't find my 10mm socket, and my workspace is way too small. I also found out that as I'm getting older my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Spent 30 minutes trying to unbolt a 10mm fastener with an 11mm socket. I was doing the whole thing by feel because you can't see the damn bolt.

About 8 hours across 2 days... but it's done.

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
Finished the replacement of the high-pressure power steering line. This job was a real PIA.

Ended up taking way too long because I lacked a few proper tools, couldn't find my 10mm socket, and my workspace is way too small. I also found out that as I'm getting older my eyesight isn't what it used to be. Spent 30 minutes trying to unbolt a 10mm fastener with an 11mm socket. I was doing the whole thing by feel because you can't see the damn bolt.

It's definitely a crapshoot of a job to do. I've done it myself as well, and I feel for you.

Also, for future reference, the 6GA uses primarily 8mm, 10mm, and 12mm sockets. There are a few here and there that are larger, and those are typically 15mm, 17mm, and 19mm. Other sizes are few and far between.

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
I paid Dirty Girl at the transmission shop a visit today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's definitely a crapshoot of a job to do. I've done it myself as well, and I feel for you.
Yeah - not a fun job... I was using an 11mm socket because someone (probably me) put an 11mm socket in the 10mm spot of my socket box.

How would you say it compares to a timing belt change? That's the next big thing on my list.

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
Yeah - not a fun job... I was using an 11mm socket because someone (probably me) put an 11mm socket in the 10mm spot of my socket box.

How would you say it compares to a timing belt change? That's the next big thing on my list.
If you had a boxed Crow's Foot wrench, it would have made the job a slight bit easier. Not sure if you had one of those, but if you didn't, you may want one for later. Not just for this, but there are tons of things that they could be used for later in the future.

As for the timing belt job vs high side PS hose replacement difficulty, I'd say the high pressure PS line replacement is the harder job. The timing belt, is essentially, a bunch of bolts that need to be removed and placed back on along with a new belt. The two hardest parts of the timing belt job are removing of the crank pulley bolt and making sure that everything is lined up properly at time of installing the new belt.

Just checked out her thread.. a full rebuild :-(

How many miles did the old tranny have on it?
Yeah, full rebuild. The old tranny gave me ~9yrs and ~170k miles.

·
Super Moderator
5,574 Posts
Dirty Girl has been picked up from the transmission shop!

·
69 Posts
Let's see.. What haven't I done to mine? lol Found front wheel inner fenders, installed. No sand/mud on my door hinges anymore! D&F both trans and oil.. atf looking dark red and clear now! (First drain after purchase was burnt black coffee ?). Rewired and installed new knock sensor from eBay. Didn't work. P0325. They're sending another. Cleaned my main engine harness wires. There's still so much oil on them. The previous owner didn't notice the freaking distributor leaking oil onto the harness and heater hose.. hose is ok for now. Then my VTEC incident which dumped a whole lot of oil too. Hmmmmm.. cleaned my driver's seat belt, still doesn't fully retract. I know I did more, but I gotta sleep. Hope Everybody had a pleasant Holidays! Aloha,

-Kimo

P.S. don't know how I didn't mention this, got a catalytic converter and installed. Had a Friend weld on.. but he put the 2nd o2 sensor IN FRONT of it. Ummmmmn.. Yeah. It's MUCH quieter! So.. Codes down to the P0325 knock pain in the sock, and Sometimes (pending) code P1457 I think. EVAP canister leak.. attached a disconnected hose on the white cylinder left side of car next to the canister. Idk. And, of course, P0420 because of the O2. She's MUCH healthier than when I bought Her!
Aloha???❤

·
Registered
16 Posts

A shop only charged me $150 in labor to do it and after seeing the youtube video and how little space there was to do it I figured it was worth the money. They ended up somehow breaking the rack and pinion during the process and replaced that for free so I got that done too. I think that was a great deal and very honest on their part.

221 - 240 of 252 Posts