Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

261 - 268 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took my headers off after a below average smog here in California. Failed visual inspection after market headers on my J30a so I took my light headers and downpipe off and put my old ones back and downpipe weighs a ton. Then I can’t smog because I had to reset after getting code for Vtec sensor. Now I have almost driven 100 miles still five blinks when I turn key off

Attachments

·
!#@$!$# NO CARRIER
33 Posts
My battery wasn't being charged below about 3000RPM, so it was time to swap the alternator. Got 248k+ miles out of the original alternator. Not too shabby. I do need to go back and get the little bracket that holds the cable clip off the old alt before I turn it in for the core charge.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love my 2002 Honda Accord ES. I bought it for $1000. in July with 212K on the odoometer. Had my mechanic replace distributor, plugs, wires and filter to have it pass inspection. Still did not run right and burning oil at a rapid rate. Spent mor money having them clean out the EGR valve, etc. Still not performing right. Kept dying out, etc. Found a shop that sells used Honda engines from Japan. Got a clean one, VTEC 2.3L, SOHC, with 40K miles on it for $500. They delivered it to my mechanic who swapped it in using parts from the old engine that were salvageable and now it runs great. Engine oil is clean as soap. Does not burn oil. Has good compression, power, throttle response. Wooo Hooo ! So glad I found this shop. The ride is so comfortable and smooth. In the past I have owned a new 77 Civic, 82 Civic and 83 Civic. I Love this car.

Today I found out I have a factory alarm. Haha I locked my doors and then tried to open from the inside and it went off.

I'm wanting to get a remote for it, mine did not come with one and don't want to go to the stealership I I can figure out how to program it myself.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I got a remote from an eBay seller. Tried to program it myself but no luck. Followed the steps but nope. Took it to the dealer and the guy did it is 3 seconds. I asked him what he did differently but could not figure out what he meant. Anyway, whatever it takes to get the job done. Having a remote is the way to go.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks nice!

Always doing some work on my car...both the A/C condenser fan and the radiator cooling fan were inoperable so I tested them and neither would spin. I bought an aftermarket "TYC" brand Chinese cooling fan(s) from Amazon. The condenser fan arrived today and it was a breeze to remove & replace. It works well and fit perfectly out of the box.

I also replaced both window motor regulator assemblies in the car (Dorman). The windows had been held up with sticks for YEARS. While the new parts work great, the sticks that were wedged between the window and the door panel caused some damage to the weatherstripping. It has a felt backing on the window side -- the felt had disintegrated entirely and was nothing but goo. The window gets stuck from the goo and bent up weatherstrip -- I removed most of the goo but it still doesn't go up and down perfectly like I would like. Anyone know if there is a way to replace this part separately or perhaps something universal/aftermarket that would suffice? The window run channel is also somewhat damaged and could use replacing but Honda wants nearly $100 for a cheap piece of rubber!

·
!#@$!$# NO CARRIER
33 Posts
What I did today relates directly to what I did last week. Last week, coming home from a new years vacation up in the panhandle (a 4 hour drive), I hit a 4-5 upshift that did nothing - just spinnyspinnyspinny like it's in neutral. Well, that was exciting. Ok, so we drive home in 4th gear. No big deal... yeah... first red light I came to (about 30 miles from home, alas) something goes TINK rattle rattle GRRRRINNNND and the car stalls out. Dead. Couldn't even roll it out of the intersection. FINALLY got it off to the side of the road and called a tow truck. I figure the 5th gear fork broke and eventually fell down into the geartrain. :(

So today I ordered a used 'box off eBay. NOW for the fun part - getting the car off the street where the tow truck dropped it and up our fairly steep driveway so I can work on it! :D I figure I'll put the front tires on dollies, and get someone to push it up the driveway with a truck.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What I did today relates directly to what I did last week. Last week, coming home from a new years vacation up in the panhandle (a 4 hour drive), I hit a 4-5 upshift that did nothing - just spinnyspinnyspinny like it's in neutral. Well, that was exciting. Ok, so we drive home in 4th gear. No big deal... yeah... first red light I came to (about 30 miles from home, alas) something goes TINK rattle rattle GRRRRINNNND and the car stalls out. Dead. Couldn't even roll it out of the intersection. FINALLY got it off to the side of the road and called a tow truck. I figure the 5th gear fork broke and eventually fell down into the geartrain. :(

So today I ordered a used 'box off eBay. NOW for the fun part - getting the car off the street where the tow truck dropped it and up our fairly steep driveway so I can work on it! :D I figure I'll put the front tires on dollies, and get someone to push it up the driveway with a truck.
Good luck with the repair! Keep it rolling

·
!#@$!$# NO CARRIER
33 Posts
Good luck with the repair! Keep it rolling
Yep, 'til it's quite literally unfix-able :D

And while I've got the gearbox out, it's also getting a new clutch, flywheel, and rear engine oil seal. Do it all at once. This clutch has (I'd have to look it up) 125k, maybe 150k on it, so might as well get it out of the way while the hind end of the engine is open.

261 - 268 of 268 Posts