Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
321 - 340 of 363 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
I had a CEL pop up for misfire on Wednesday. It's not the first time it's happened, but the first time it's happened with the CEL blinking. Yesterday, my spark plugs came in and today I'll be replacing the old ones with the new ones.

The old ones have almost 100k miles on them and the gap is far beyond 0.040 now.

·
Kaua‘i North Shore Boi.Aloha❤️🤙💪😊
261 Posts
Last week, to end My (surprise) partial engine rebuild, replaced the timing belt drive pulley and ckp/tdc sensors.. New Napa distributor, and next day replaced the radiator because the old one leaked. Running like it used to! Back to zoom zooming!
Aloha

Reactions: junkman

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
DirtyGirl got new plugs on Sunday. These had ~95k miles on them. More details in DirtyGirl's thread (see sig).

Leaf Road surface Wood Plant Asphalt

·
Registered
19 Posts
hit 65'000 km this weeko_O i got a bit a sticky gas pedal, the garage where i do my services did try to unstick it 2 times now but it always comes back and he claimed its hard to get by a new cable. is he making this up or is it hard to get a new cable?

·
Kaua‘i North Shore Boi.Aloha❤️🤙💪😊
261 Posts
Aloha..
So, went to My friends Lo‘i (taro patch), and hit a deeeep pot hole. Next day noticed My exhaust rattling. Thought it was the cat converter, but then noticed something missing.. The exhaust pipe support rod and bushing located in front of the cat completely gone! So, with what I could find, Mcgyvered a new support.. then, a few days later, went to my friends and used his welder to fabricate a new one. So far, so good. Yes, those are rolled up cut strips of radiator hose for the bushing.. lol
Aloha
Hand Leg Automotive tire Bicycle part Plumbing

Automotive tire Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Wrist

Reactions: Moses S.

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
I've been working on suspension bits for the last couple of days. Something that should have taken me a half day to do I'm on day 3 or 4 of, lol. At least I have time off work to do this.

Quick preview. More details will be posted in Dirty Girl's thread later today or tomorrow.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Reactions: Cruizahkimo

·
Registered
28 Posts
hit a deer two days ago, left front damage to fender, hood and headlight is totally gone minor bumper repair also...kind of lucky in that a friend who does body work for a living is going to fix i all for $800 i think that's a pretty good price..

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
Click link in my signature for more info on Dirty Girl.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

Reactions: Cruizahkimo

·
Registered
123 Posts
hit a deer two days ago, left front damage to fender, hood and headlight is totally gone minor bumper repair also...kind of lucky in that a friend who does body work for a living is going to fix i all for $800 i think that's a pretty good price..
That's an amazing deal in the current market espeically.

Pics?!

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
On my 2001 Accord LX Sedan L4 I replaced the vacuum motor mount that goes between the engine and the firewall. I read up on it and had everything together. It took only a couple hours. I didn't need to disconnect any of the heater hoses at the firewall and was able to lift the valve and hoses there just enough to get the old one out and the new one in.

She idles real nice in drive with the AC on. No more shaking or clunking.

·
Super Moderator
4,855 Posts
I had the intention of washing and waxing my car over the weekend, but rainy and cold weather was a deterrent. If it's warmer this weekend, I will.

Reactions: junkman

·
Cruising in Montana
4,535 Posts
he claimed its hard to get by a new cable. is he making this up or is it hard to get a new cable?
I don't know about Switzerland, but it could be true. However, I wonder how difficult it is to fix the cable? Unless the steel cable is rusted inside the cable, it should not be that difficult to make it work properly.

But if the cable inside is rusted, only a new cable will fix that problem.

321 - 340 of 363 Posts