Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

181 - 200 of 256 Posts

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
Took my son driving Wednesday for his 3rd time, his first time on a real road. He did very well!
Thursday I did a full exterior job on it finished with Collinite 845 Insulator wax.
Got him signed up for drivers ed today, soon it'll be his to take care of. ;)
I put 3K miles on it since purchasing in December and it's a gem.
EX/EX-L without a moonroof?

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
I got to install OEM (Stanley - Japan) fog lights a couple of days ago out of a safety concern. Hopefully they will help in low visibility conditions and perform well in rainy days.

While I was there I took off both headlights and polished/coated them using this and this. Then adjusted both headlights and fog lights.

The Sylvania UV Block Clear Coat took this car (which is not garage kept) throughout two years without considerable hazing or yellowing of the headlights.

View attachment 530864
View attachment 530865
View attachment 530866

Did you have to take apart the whole front end to install the fogs? It looks like post-wreck repair in some of the photos!

·
VCM DELETE
857 Posts
Took my son driving Wednesday for his 3rd time, his first time on a real road. He did very well!
Thursday I did a full exterior job on it finished with Collinite 845 Insulator wax.
Got him signed up for drivers ed today, soon it'll be his to take care of. ;)
I put 3K miles on it since purchasing in December and it's a gem.
How do you like those Tiger Paw's?

·
To Infinity and Beyond
109 Posts
You have eagle eyes The_K_Man.

You do have to remove the bumper. But don’t let two tapping screws and a dozen plastic clips and tabs to steer you off this project. I enjoyed it a lot.

·
Registered
2020 EX-L 2.0T 10AT
121 Posts
How do you like those Tiger Paw's?
I had some many years ago mounted on steel wheels and all 4
leaked air, could've been a bad mounting job. Probably wouldn't have
been my first choice.
These came with the car and they've been great, as smooth and quiet
as I could expect, great braking too. You're probably aware Michelin
now owns Uniroyal.
Just weeks after buying the car I rotated them and checked the air.
Later that day I was going somewhere and was doing the 45mph speed limit.
An oncoming car made a left turn directly in front of me. I was sure I'd
hit 'em so I turned hard right and braked hard, just a split second reaction
to avoid taking it head on.
The other car stopped and I stopped parallel to them about 4 feet away.
The Honda felt like it stopped on a dime. I could feel every brake and tire
working in unison. I think I bonded with that 8th gen that day and found
respect for ABS too, not to mention vehicle upkeep. I hope I can impress
this on my son to check tire air, fluids etc...
I would buy Tiger Paws.

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
I would buy Tiger Paws.
Then someone needs to explain how TireRack's ratings work, because the Tiger Paw is one of their bottom five worst overall rated tire!

On the other hand, I feel that 1) how one drives, 2) maintenance - proper pressure, 3) What one drives, and 4) What they drive it in - roads and weather, count more than anything.

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
You have eagle eyes The_K_Man.

You do have to remove the bumper. But don’t let two
tapping screws and a dozen plastic clips and tabs to
steer you off this project. I enjoyed it a lot.
I'm not sure if that's compliment or criticism, lol!

I had only the two disassembly closeup photos to judge, and thus, comment by

Reactions: Abe80

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Really, these make great first cars, very easy to learn on. Your son's very lucky to have gotten one as his first car!
Very true, was my first car as well.

Reactions: Ash051 and Mikeh

·
To Infinity and Beyond
109 Posts
The_K_Man

Eagle eye
  • Keen eyesight.
  • The ability or tendency to observe closely or pay attention to detail.
  • One that observes with close attention.

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
The_K_Man

Eagle eye
  • Keen eyesight.
  • The ability or tendency to observe closely or pay attention to detail.
  • One that observes with close attention.
Thanks! For the first three of my five decades, I was criticized on every account, every turn of the pass. So now, It's difficult for me to discern a compliment from a quip!

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Did a few things today:

Went to pick n pull to pick up a few parts since there's a memorial day half off sale.
A trunk lid carpeting, a master window switch, and an EX coupe exhaust.

I did clean up the window switch and installed it today, but the auto up down for the passenger side didn't work. I guess there is a difference in the BCM between the different trims. All the window switch now lights up tho, so that's good I guess.

Notice something different? It turns out, the LX has a 2" diameter exhaust, but all the other models came with a 2.25" exhaust. We all knew from the original press release that the LX-S and EX got the more free flowing muffler, but Honda didn't say anything about the exhaust diameter. This could explain why my car made a disappointing amount of gains from the PCD and Ktuner alone. I'm gonna go back to this EX exhaust, the full 3" catback is just too loud, I'm tired of it. Hopefully the EX exhaust will flow enough for the turbo to hold peak boost until redline just like how it is now.

I also rotated the tires today. While I'm at it, I also finally installed the RL calipers. I've been sitting on all the parts for about 9+ month now, so it felt pretty good to finally get it installed on the car today. It turned out to be a good thing too, since one of the calipers managed to shake loose a slider pin bolt. I made sure to tighten everything down correctly with a bit of thread locker this time.

Before:

After:

My caliper also came with the original RL hardline too, so replaced the OEM lines with the included RL brake lines. Everything lined up perfectly. This will help me avoid the whole banjo bolt backing out debacle that is common with this mod. I believe I am the first person to do this.

The fan speed light also went out in my climate control last night, time to pull out my spare climate control and install that.

·
To Infinity and Beyond
109 Posts
Everything looks good Hudouc. Have you considered installing splash guards?
I'm also interested in the trunk lid carpeting. How much do these cost at the junk yard?

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Everything looks good Hudouc. Have you considered installing splash guards?
I'm also interested in the trunk lid carpeting. How much do these cost at the junk yard?
No, but I guess I should now since the tires are completely flush with the car.

It was $3.99.

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Did the supplier make sure your factory scrub radius was preserved - within 5mm at least?
I believe so. The wheels and tires are flush because of the wheel size, not the rotor thickness.

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
181 - 200 of 256 Posts