Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

201 - 220 of 256 Posts

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Good. Perhaps I know of four places for your LX wheels.. ;)

Unless you plan on running them during winter
These EVO wheels are my "winter" wheels. No summer wheels and tires for me this year.

Two of the LX wheels are now part of a fire pit at my parent's house...

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
Sorry for interjecting in your guys' wheel conversation... more posts came up while I was proofreading and making corrections.

Anyway, I checked my oil for the second time ever, and first time without dad or anyone else's help! I know this is small and kind of silly, but hey, everyone had to start somewhere.

So my only little oops here is that I didn't catch the level, but that's okay, I wasn't looking for that. I was actually checking for water contamination after I accidentally drove through water of unknown depth during last night's heavy downpour. I wanted to make sure there wasn't any water in my engine before starting the car, and it looks like there wasn't. This morning, that area of my commute was dry, so it couldn't have been more than a few inches tops, but at the time it felt like a lot of water- I'm very glad to know it was just a false alarm. Better safe than sorry, because I can't afford to replace a hydrolocked engine!
Oh, and if my mom ever finds this site and this post, rest assured that nothing blew up, and nothing broke. I still have 10 fingers, and Cinnamon still starts right up and drives. On that note, shout out to my dad for supporting me!

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
These EVO wheels are my "winter" wheels. No
summer wheels and tires for me this year.
Wait-what?

The EVOs(the widers) should be your summers! The LXs, your winters. Sorry to hear two of them have been repurposed

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Wait-what?

The EVOs(the widers) should be your summers! The LXs, your winters. Sorry to hear two of them have been repurposed
I know it doesn't make sense, but these tires are significantly better in the snow than my previous all seasons, despite being significantly wider. I will eventually step down to narrower wheels and tires, but not right now.

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Bad day,

A tiny cut in the boot let this happen. These inner tie rods are only 3 years old.

I think it might be operator error when I replaced them the first time. Time for new inner tie rods and boots.

Reactions: Ash051

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
I know it doesn't make sense, but these tires are significantly
better in the snow than my previous all seasons, despite being
significantly wider. I will eventually step down to narrower
wheels and tires, but not right now.
I guess the tread pattern counts for something

·
Registered
234 Posts
The thing I did today with my 8th gen Accord is to buy it. :) I got a sweet deal from my aunt who sold me her 2010 EX-L with just 56K miles for just five grand. Probably close to half of what she could have got for it. I always knew she had a thing for me (wink wink).

Also today, and as I noted in the 7th gen forum, I sold my older 2005 Accord to CarMax for $1200. It had 283K miles on it and was the bare-bones DX model. I probably could have got more for it by selling it to an individual, but I just wanted to get it over with efficiently.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
The thing I did today with my 8th gen Accord is to buy it. :) I got a sweet deal from my aunt who sold me her 2010 EX-L with just 56K miles for just five grand.
Congrats, great deal!
As with all new-to-you cars, remember to get the maintenance done first thing!

·
Registered
944 Posts
The thing I did today with my 8th gen Accord is to buy it. :) I got a sweet deal from my aunt who sold me her 2010 EX-L with just 56K miles for just five grand. Probably close to half of what she could have got for it. I always knew she had a thing for me (wink wink).

Also today, and as I noted in the 7th gen forum, I sold my older 2005 Accord to CarMax for $1200. It had 283K miles on it and was the bare-bones DX model. I probably could have got more for it by selling it to an individual, but I just wanted to get it over with efficiently.

View attachment 531204
Congratulations! It looks like its in great shape. You’re a DA member, so I’m sure you know all the important things to check and keep an eye on with this model.

Side-note: I really like the stock EX wheels from this model. They look like these are in fantastic shape.

·
To Infinity and Beyond
109 Posts
Just like Hudouc, I also paid the dead a visit.

I got a trunk lid liner from my local PICK-n-PULL, including all eleven plastic clips ($1.73 each at the dealership) and the push handle. All for less than $7. If we add the $2 admission fee to the yard and maybe a gallon of gas, it was all well under the $15 mark. Getting everything shipped from a dealership would have cost nearly $250.

I used Velcro to attach the liner to the trunk lock plastic cover.
Trunk lid insulator.jpg IMG-1069.jpg IMG-1068.jpg

·
Registered
234 Posts
I really like the stock EX wheels from this model. They look like these are in fantastic shape.
I like them too, and these are in good shape. Plus they're easy to clean because the spokes are thick and chunky.

I had my aunt give me her maintenance records. She was really good with getting oil changes, and always with full synthetic. It seems she mainly went by the date on the oil change sticker on her windshield and not by mileage. A couple of times she went in after just a couple of thousand miles. But it's better that she got them too often than not often enough.

I look forward to doing those myself. The 8th gen looks a little easier to do than the 7th gen as far as accessing the filter.

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
Picked it up from the body shop after having the front bumper sanded and resprayed, and having all the stone chips, door dings, and nicks in the paint touched up.

I would try to have the shop pull that hood down a little in the middle to meet the nose clip a little more flushly.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I would try to have the shop pull that hood down a little in the middle to meet the nose clip a little more flushly.
Good eye! It's actually been that way since I got the car in 2015. I'm going to have the rear bumper addressed in a few months, and I'll have them see what they can do with the hood then.

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Good eye! It's actually been that way since I got the car in 2015. I'm going to have the rear bumper addressed in a few months, and I'll have them see what they can do with the hood then.
That's how my coupe looks like too, I don't think its a problem.

Reactions: DerekWildstar

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
That's how my coupe looks like too,
I don't think its a problem.
It induces a little drag, and allows dust into the engine bay. The leading hood edge should be flush. Anything can be corrected if we put our minds to it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Added floor mats (Husky brand from Amazon) and seat covers. Being that I live in Bakersfield, I can not handle leather seats in the summer. The covers I got are smooth and breathable with padding underneath.

201 - 220 of 256 Posts