Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

221 - 240 of 256 Posts

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts

Went to check the mileage on the coupe today, and the battery was completely dead, had to push it out of the garage and try to round a corner at the same time. Jump started with the sedan. Apparently the coupe haven't been driven at all for over a month, so after getting it started, I took the coupe for a nice long drive around the city. At this rate, I think the coupe can beat @Ash051 to become the slowest mileage accumulation Accord 😅 .

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
At this rate, I think the coupe can beat @Ash051 to become the slowest mileage accumulation Accord 😅 .
Ooh, potentially!

I average 100 miles a week, times 52 weeks a year is 5,200 miles per year, which is actually grossly overestimated given that my trip A reads just about 4,000 in 2 years of ownership.

And we do have a pretty fierce rivalry on the forum between a couple of guys to see who can put on the most miles... we could use a slowpoke version of that too!

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Ooh, potentially!

I average 100 miles a week, times 52 weeks a year is 5,200 miles per year, which is actually grossly overestimated given that my trip A reads just about 4,000 in 2 years of ownership.

And we do have a pretty fierce rivalry on the forum between a couple of guys to see who can put on the most miles... we could use a slowpoke version of that too!
Coupe accumulated a whopping 18miles in total over the past month, so we're looking at less than 250miles a year if kept in this forgotten state. Although, I may try to keep driving the coupe a bit more, it's a bit more fuel efficient than the sedan and only takes 87 (since the $50 fill ups are getting frustrating very quickly).

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ooh, potentially!

I love this idea. While @TX Accord and @stiller fan are battling for the lead on highest mileage Accords, and I’m trying to storm my way through the midfield, we have a dramatic turtle race between @Ash051 and @Hudouc . Brilliant!

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
I'm the opposite in this mileage challenge: I desire to limit my mileage to work and essential runs, and the occasional day trip or drive vacation destination.

Reactions: Abe80

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
Debugged it. Literally.
793EC07F-3A0F-42FE-872E-9C955D1A532C.jpeg

Like, who is that?!
E11076A8-A196-4D5B-8092-8B22097CC119.jpeg

Now, what did my boyfriend do to my 8th gen today? Politely removed whoever that is, while I watched from like 10 feet away 🙂

I now officially have the most boring post in this thread, lol.

By the way- anyone know what that is? Boyfriend and mom both say wasp. Looks more like a bee to me, but I'm like this close to never rolling down my windows again!

·
Turbo lag
1,524 Posts
Debugged it. Literally.
View attachment 531358
Like, who is that?!
View attachment 531359
Now, what did my boyfriend do to my 8th gen today? Politely removed whoever that is, while I watched from like 10 feet away 🙂

I now officially have the most boring post in this thread, lol.

By the way- anyone know what that is? Boyfriend and mom both say wasp. Looks more like a bee to me, but I'm like this close to never rolling down my windows again!
It a bee I think. Not all bees necessarily has the yellow color.

I once had a bee that was semi-crushed by the passenger side mirror, and then was somehow blown onto my steering wheel airbag cover with its guts plastered on it. Had to stare at the poor thing for a couple of minutes before I could pull off the road and wipe it off.

·
Registered
234 Posts
It a bee I think. Not all bees necessarily has the yellow color.
I believe it's a bee as well. I love bees. But wasps, hornets, fleas and mosquitos can go to you know where.

-Today I replaced the interior lights with brighter LED's. They're almost too bright, but I like them.
-Placed my Garmin on the ledge in front of the instrument cluster. It's a great place for it. It does block some stuff, but I get the speed on the Garmin anyway. Then I routed the power cable behind paneling and to the front power outlet. I hate cords dangling everywhere.
- Put a Fosgate Bluetooth adapter inside the center console armrest, connected to the power outlet in there and using the aux input. Again, the cord can't be seen. Works well.
-Changed out the front brakes. They were getting thin, especially on the outside rotor on passenger side. Caliper pins weren't stuck, so probably over-tightened.

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
- Put a Fosgate Bluetooth adapter inside the center console
armrest, connected to the power outlet in there and using the
aux input.
Which model? Photo please?

Most of the kind on Amazon that plug into the 12V/cigarette are the RF variety, that you tune to a FM frequency.

I'd love to have a bluetooth that resides in my console, plus have an Aux throughput for physical connection, like my old cassette walkman, lol!

·
port & polish everything
1,571 Posts
View attachment 531310

Went to check the mileage on the coupe today, and the battery was completely dead, had to push it out of the garage and try to round a corner at the same time. Jump started with the sedan. Apparently the coupe haven't been driven at all for over a month, so after getting it started, I took the coupe for a nice long drive around the city. At this rate, I think the coupe can beat @Ash051 to become the slowest mileage accumulation Accord 😅 .
You probably already know but I use both a battery tender (~$15) and a lithium jump start pack (~$50). My coupe is parked for months sometimes too but on the tender it starts every time.

The lithium pack doubles as a USB power bank, I used it once on vacation to continuously record a 90 minute bullet train trip in 4K.

Reactions: Hudouc

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
I performed the leading edge hood lowering I mentioned to Wildstar last week, and it turned out to be simpler to perform, and more satisfying than I expected!

Borrowing Ash's nose clip here:

IMG_5415.PNG
1) I simply removed all the retaining clips(about eight... hundred?) lol of them, and removed the plastic shield covering from the top of the grill to top of the radiator(the piece the latch sticks up through).

2) Then, I slipped off a small plastic piece covering the actual hood latch.

3) Loosened three 10mm bolts holding the latch in place. Outlined with a pencil where the latch currently resided.

4) Tapped the latch assembly until it was about 1/8"(3mm) lower than the outline of its former site.

5) Fastened the latch assembly back up in its new site.

6) Reinstalled all plastic(latch guard & plastic gap panel), and tested hood release 2-3x: A-OK! although now hood needs to be dropped from at least 12"(30cm) to fully close, as opposed to 4-6" before.

7) Reinserted all eight(hundred!) little round clippie things in the plastic cover.

8) Cleaned dust n grime off all reachable engine hoses and components, and cleaned and lubed leading hood edge rubber weatherstrip with GM silicone vaseline. Wiped all my incriminating finger prints off the hood & fake chrome grille.

Dropped hood satisfyingly one last time, and it looks SOLID - like the grill and hood are one solid lifting unit, a la 1990s or earlier Mercedes. A gen-u-wine U.S. dollar bill now requires some actual effort to be removed from between the front edge of the hood & the grille.

That was last Friday, the eleventeenth... Let's see how long the engine bay stays clean and dust-free, with the hood height corrected, and air getting into the engine bay, etc, through the prescribed means visible in the above photo.

Results(I've lowered the hoods on several previous cars):

IMG_5417.PNG

·
Registered
234 Posts
Which model? Photo please?

Most of the kind on Amazon that plug into the 12V/cigarette are the RF variety, that you tune to a FM frequency.

I'd love to have a bluetooth that resides in my console, plus have an Aux throughput for physical connection, like my old cassette walkman, lol!
I saw those other RF kinds too. Good prices on them, but I just wanted a simple Bluetooth to AUX. I saw the Fosgate on Crutchfield (model RFBTAUX), but it was 60 bucks :(. So I found new ones on Ebay for $20 less. :) Here's the link. And it has a USB charger as part of it too.

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
I saw those other RF kinds too. Good prices on them, but I just wanted a simple Bluetooth to AUX. I saw the Fosgate on Crutchfield (model RFBTAUX), but it was 60 bucks :(. So I found new ones on Ebay for $20 less. :) Here's the link. And it has a USB charger as part of it too.

View attachment 531383
Yeah, why go through the FM radio when BT already degrades the sound slightly. Cars have had aux jacks going back fifteen years years now.

·
8th Gen Believer
4,066 Posts
I blew out some carbon. We have some fairly high-speed freeways, and on Sundays there's light traffic and (so far) no ah, er, um, cops. So yeah I goosed it and it didn't seem to mind at all.

Reactions: Ash051 and dgates01

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, why go through the FM radio when BT already degrades the sound slightly. Cars have had aux jacks going back fifteen years years now.
Agreed. So far I've only listened to a few podcasts on the Fosgate unit, but they sound pretty good. I pretty much only listen to SiriusXM when I want to listen to music, but I'm going to slap some songs on my phone and see how they sound through the AUX.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
I picked up and installed one of those overused yet cute Honda steering wheel covers!
74DC3392-C17D-4BB7-8ACB-CFB6E7F60ACD.jpeg

A55A4A76-C758-4853-AB7B-90393DDDA52E.jpeg

I'll need a little while to adjust to the new wheel feeling. And if I never do, I can easily slip it off and give it to my boyfriend or sister, who also have Hondas.
I like the look though! It makes the car look a little more personalized.

·
2010 2.4EX
508 Posts
I picked up and installed one of those overused yet cute Honda steering wheel covers!
View attachment 531496
View attachment 531497
I'll need a little while to adjust to the new wheel feeling. And if I never do, I
can easily slip it off and give it to my boyfriend or sister, who also have
Hondas. I like the look though! It makes the car look a little more
personalized.
I drove someone's car for them with such a steering wheel cover, when I had to make two sharp maneuvers to avoid a series of parked cars on a narrow street. My left arm ended up between the steering wheel and the cover, and I almost ended up driving us onto a sidewalk!

I proceeded to completely remove the feckin thing from the wheel and tossed it in the back seat! It ended up on top of a rear passenger's head... The remainder of my drive was a joy, with my hands in direct contact with a factory steeringwheel

P.S. Ash I have same color upholstery, I'm assuming brown upper dash board, with EX suitcase-wood inserts where your gray ones are

Reactions: Abe80

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
806 Posts
I drove someone's car for them with such a steering wheel cover, when I had to make two sharp maneuvers to avoid a series of parked cars on a narrow street. My left arm ended up between the steering wheel and the cover, and I almost ended up driving us onto a sidewalk!

I proceeded to completely remove the feckin thing from the wheel and tossed it in the back seat! It ended up on top of a rear passenger's head... The remainder of my drive was a joy, with my hands in direct contact with a factory steeringwheel

P.S. Ash I have same color upholstery, I'm assuming brown upper dash board, with EX suitcase-wood inserts where your gray ones are
Yeah, some people like them and others don't. My boyfriend has one of these in his Civic, and he likes them so much that when the one from the previous owner fell apart, he replaced it with a new one. So if nothing else, I know he can put it to good use if I end up not liking it. I think material matters alot too, and this one feels pretty grippy, so we'll see how it goes.

And yeah, I just have the base LX, so no wood accents or anything. Funny story- when I went to test drive this car, there was a basque red 2009 EX-L just down the street. I was going to look at that one first, until I noticed that it had always been serviced at the same (reporting) dealership, but then had a 30k gap in its reported service histories. The LX was always serviced at the same dealership too, but reported every 7k miles or 6 month period (whichever came first) without fail, so that's the one I brought home. Although leather and those wood accents would have been nice!

221 - 240 of 256 Posts