Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
381 - 400 of 439 Posts

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
Old age has taken over...I meant USB cord...obviously.
Hey, you might have been correct the first time - this technology is advancing at a geometric rate, as someone stated in the movie 'Terminator 2'.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Your phone would charge faster if it wasn't being used for AUX though..cause AUX is using power, so its not being charged as much. Right?
And only Android still has aux/headphone jack on their phones...
Besides the iPhone model 6 (which I do have, and keep actually specifically because it does have headphone jack) and any models older than the 6 I believe.
They sell an adapter for your iphone to have headphone jack..but now you're buying/connecting more stuff. Fumbling with more cords etc.

I also think your cars CD player is much easier to navigate and use while driving compared to a phone. Switching songs with steering wheel controls for instance, instead of picking up your phone. Its not exactly legal to be looking at your phone while driving either.

And you don't have to use your phones memory/HD space to upload songs. Not to mention not everyone has a phone with enough memory to upload many songs. (Just IMO)

This post is intended to add to the conversation, and share my opinion and experience of reasons I and others still use CD's. I am not trying to get anybody to change their music listening methods. No offense should be taken by anybody. Please.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Took five minutes to clean up a couple of dirty spots on the car… two hours later, my “touch up” had turned into a full wash and wax. Then, took it to Quiver Pond in Old Forge, NY for its mandatory post-wash photo shoot.

Of course, the next three days will be all rain and wind. Sigh. Clean finish comes, clean finish goes.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Nice. Paint looks in real good condition. Props.
And dont sweat it...I dont think its possible to wash a car in under an hour. ;) lol but I am overly meticulous too. Perfectionism is a disease.
Rain sucks after wash...For sure. Go through all that trouble carefully drying it to avoid water spots but not scratch the paint.
But, with these nice ceramic coatings and waxes they have available, thats not as big a deal.

Here in NV, my new home,..its the opposite...no rain, but so much dust that your car will have a noticeable coating of dust after less than a day. And never-ending sun with temps 105+ everyday just does a killing to your paint too. Not to mention leather. I apply leather conditioner multiple times a week. I might have a problem with spending more attention on my car than I do myself.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,061 Posts
Actually, what kind of wax did you use? I like my fruity one, but I'll be trying a few before deciding which one to make my permanent go-to.

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
Your phone would charge faster if it wasn't being used for AUX though..cause AUX is using power, so its not being charged as much. Right?
And only Android still has aux/headphone jack on their phones...
Besides the iPhone model 6 (which I do have, and keep actually specifically because it does have headphone jack) and any models older than the 6 I believe.
They sell an adapter for your iphone to have headphone jack..but now you're buying/connecting more stuff. Fumbling with more cords etc.

I also think your cars CD player is much easier to navigate and use while driving compared to a phone. Switching songs with steering wheel controls for instance, instead of picking up your phone. Its not exactly legal to be looking at your phone while driving either.

And you don't have to use your phones memory/HD space to upload songs. Not to mention not everyone has a phone with enough memory to upload many songs. (Just IMO)

This post is intended to add to the conversation, and share my opinion and experience of reasons I and others still use CD's. I am not trying to get anybody to change their music listening methods. No offense should be taken by anybody. Please.
The offense taken is by those who have since moved on to streaming, and things like Apple CarPlay...

"What?? You still use CDs?"

Like we just called their mother a bad name or such. 🤦‍♂️

Get over it, streamers. Not everyone uses - or must use - the latest method of content delivery in their vehicle or home.

Car mfgs. are also complicit, in their steadfast removal of long-term delivery standards such as cassette & disc, even a physical jack, in favor of completely wireless and online access to consumers favorite material.

·
(Ken)
'09 6-6 Accord Coupe
94 Posts
Took five minutes to clean up a couple of dirty spots on the car… two hours later, my “touch up” had turned into a full wash and wax. Then, took it to Quiver Pond in Old Forge, NY for its mandatory post-wash photo shoot.

Of course, the next three days will be all rain and wind. Sigh. Clean finish comes, clean finish goes.
If you don't drive it through rain or standing water, you can just dry it off with a fresh towel after the storm. Or, you can do like I do and only wash your car in the rain. It saves a bunch of time rinsing and drying. That's probably what I'll do today, actually.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,061 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm sure the wax's water beading will help make it easy to dry.

This could also be a strong case for letting the Accord use your garage space until the rain passes!

·
Turbo lag
1,768 Posts
I made the mistake of visiting a different @Discount Tire than the one I usually visit. Came back with one wheel stud snapped (RR) and one lug severely cross threaded (LF). The one in the rear was easy enough to replace, hammered out and pressed a new one in with a ball joint tool. The front is a different story. Since you can't remove the studs without pressing out the hub, I went to the junk yard to pick up a whole new knuckle instead (for one broken stud). Also broke the wheel speed sensor that was rusted together with the old knuckle, so had to buy one of those too.

What was suppose to be a free tire balance costed me $70 and 5 hours of labor. To be fair, @Discount Tire did offer to fix it at a partner shop, but the shop had a three day wait and I can't afford any down time (and I wasn't gonna let anyone else work on my car again). The manager did also give me a $50 credit, so I can't be too mad. I get that time is money for shops like these, but so is breaking a customer's car.

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
I had my windows tinted and I'm not happy that
the entire rear window can't be tinted.
The law states that the third eye brakelight cannot be dimmed by tinting.

Also, tinting might impact the efficacy of, or be affected by, the defroster grid in the rear glass.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The law states that the third eye brakelight cannot be dimmed by tinting.

Also, tinting might impact the efficacy of, or be affected by, the defroster grid in the rear glass.
Thats actually really good to know. I didn't know about the 3rd brake light law. And after a little research I have read a little bit more about it and learned a few things I didn't know before. (y)

Luckily most of my driving with current car has been no cold weather. So, no defrost for me.
I have 5% tint on all windows except windshield (no tint) and I've not had any problems or any warnings. That is my experience, Others experience may differ from mine. The car has been driven in IL, CA, NV, OH, IN, WV. PA.

Heres pictures of my car. Sorry its a little dirty...wash is tomorrow afternoon.

I'm definitely not condoning breaking the law. Several of my family members work on the prosecution/justice side of the court. I was raised to respect the law.
My tint shop did not inform me of such a law. And it was a reputable, well known shop. I did not know the law before seeing this today.

I definitely think this law and information should be taken into consideration when somebody thinks about tinting the rear window. Especially if you live in a cold climate where defrost is needed.

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
Thats actually really good to know. I didn't know about the 3rd brake light law. And after a little research I have read a little bit more about it and learned a few things I didn't know before. (y)

Luckily most of my driving with current car has been no cold weather. So, no defrost for me.
I have 5% tint on all windows except windshield (no tint) and I've not had any problems or any warnings. That is my experience, Others experience may differ from mine. The car has been driven in IL, CA, NV, OH, IN, WV. PA.

Heres pictures of my car. Sorry its a little dirty...wash is tomorrow afternoon.
View attachment 533488

View attachment 533489

I'm definitely not condoning breaking the law. Several of my family members work on the prosecution/justice side of the court. I was raised to respect the law.
My tint shop did not inform me of such a law. And it was a reputable, well known shop. I did not know the law before seeing this today.

I definitely think this law and information should be taken into consideration when somebody thinks about tinting the rear window. Especially if you live in a cold climate where defrost is needed.
So in those photos, which part of the back window is tinted - around the edges, or in the middle? Cannot tell by photos

·
Turbo lag
1,768 Posts
Got new tires again. The BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S Plus I just bought had build issues. So Michelin moved me up to the Pilot Sport All Season 4 for FREE. I only had to pay the installation cost.
Kudos to Michelin for the excellent customer service. Especially considering when I had the premature cracking along the beads on my Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S, I had to fight tooth and nail with Goodyear for hours just to get them prorated.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Got new tires again. The BFG G-Force Comp 2 A/S Plus I just bought had build issues. So Michelin moved me up to the Pilot Sport All Season 4 for FREE. I only had to pay the installation cost.
Kudos to Michelin for the excellent customer service. Especially considering when I had the premature cracking along the beads on my Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S, I had to fight tooth and nail with Goodyear for hours just to get them prorated.

View attachment 533501
New Tires Tuesday!

("And you get new tires! And you get new tires! And you get new tires!")

381 - 400 of 439 Posts