Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
401 - 420 of 439 Posts

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
The entire middle.... The super dark/black border on the
window came from the factory like that.
So your state does allow tinting over the rear third light, defogger matrix, etc. I don't know if CT allows

·
Registered
295 Posts
Re-shod the Accord in a brand new set of Nokian WR G4 All-Weather Tires.

"Is it winter yet? Huh? Is it? But I want to play in the snow NOW!!!" - Me.

You guys are serious about your tires. I usually just get the mid-range store brand tires that Discount Tire offers. I probably pay for four what you pay for one.

I did food delivery with my previous Accord for extra money and I was going through tires, brakes and suspension parts like crazy. So I just wanted to go with the cheap tires if I was going to wear them out so fast.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,061 Posts
1,000th post!

Unfortunately, I called it quits on the splash guards today. Thought they'd be a fun little beginner DIY, but all that installation has given me is frustration, mostly because lining up all of the hole cutouts with all of the actual screw holes and then actually holding the screws in place without tightening them first is harder than it sounds. Tightening the screws in the correct order as a means of holding them in place doesn't work, either. Also, this is one of my 2 days off from work between now and the start of the semester, where I'll be juggling both work and school together for the first time ever. So, I'm not going to waste all of today screwing around with this.

My boyfriend comes home from visiting family in Texas in a few days, and he'll finish the installation for the complete look, and also so that I'm not driving around forever with only 1 rear inner fender. As upset as I am because I feel like a failure here, before starting the splash guard project, I've literally never worked with screws (or grommets, or spring nuts) before in my life, so maybe I just took on too big of a project too early. Plus, today, dad isn't home to help. At least I can say that I tried!

Anyway, since I was expecting to finish it all today, here's a photo of my old inner fender.
Tool Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument Gas Auto part

Also, Xavier is glad that I'm consolidating and getting rid of the box that the splash guards arrived in. For a few hours until I take the trash out, he has a playhouse!
Cat Carnivore Felidae Packaging and labeling Font

·
Turbo lag
1,768 Posts
Changed the oil on the sedan today. 5000mi OCI, and only consumed about 3/4 qts. Not bad for a boosted K series with 185K miles.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,061 Posts
Finally! The splash guards are complete!

Dad was like "we don't have to wait, I can do the splash guards", but then he had trouble maneuvering things due to his huge man hands, so once again, this became a team effort. Apparently, when you don't use a jack or remove the rear wheels, having small woman hands is a big plus for this installation!

My only action shot this time is of me tightening a screw by hand when the screwdriver wouldn't fit in the space at a usable angle, and dad's hands were too big.
Automotive tire Tie Human body Dress shirt Sleeve

Here are some finished project shots:
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

During all of this, I noticed some dirt/rain spots, so I also waterless washed the entire rear, quarter panels, and hood. The waterless wash definitely takes the cake in terms of convenience, however, the foam cannon makes for a better final result... mainly because there is less static electricity. Cinnamon doesn't get covered in blonde hairs after a foam cannon wash.

While I was outside, figured I'd do my weekly/bi-weekly/whenever-I-feel-like-it oil check.
Outerwear Product Textile Sleeve Wood

Lastly, I also removed the corpse of this little guy, a black horsefly who flew into my car during yesterday morning's work commute, and suffocated during my shift.
Daytime Window Azure Wood Mesh

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
1,061 Posts
Emissions test.
Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

There was a bit of a line, but it was fine. The guy in front of me had a Mustang Shelby with a nice little exhaust that I just looooved!

·
Registered
496 Posts
So your state does allow tinting over the rear third light, defogger matrix, etc. I don't know if CT allows
No, it is illegal here as well. The 3rd brake light law is a federal law, applies to all states. But, I didn't know that until your post. And before I got back to you (sorry it took so long) I wanted to look at my 3rd brake light when it was on, so I threw a 15lb weight on the peddle...went behind the car and it deff is a little harder to see than normal.

Theoretically they probably could give me a ticket for it; but I haven't had any issues, and cops are heavy round here.

The black tint may get you noticed, but they would rather write you a ticket for something else. Something more substantial than just tint. If there is no other reason to pull you over, shouldn't be an issue, you won't get pulled over. They'll find bigger fish to fry.

They gotta make that monthly ticket quota but not on seatbelts and tint.

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
but they would rather write you a ticket for something else.
Something more substantial than just tint. If there is no other
reason to pull you over, shouldn't be an issue, you won't get
pulled over. They'll find bigger fish to fry.
Don't we know that, all too well! Be careful out there!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Went back to the tire shop because I was getting a vibration at highway speeds with my new tires. The shop rebalanced all four wheels. Now it's smooth as silk, right as rain, or whatever other alliterative phrase you want to use.

Only took two tries. Sigh.

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
Went back to the tire shop because I was getting a vibration at
highway speeds with my new tires. The shop rebalanced all four
wheels. Now it's smooth as silk, right as rain, or whatever other
alliterative phrase you want to use.

Only took two tries. Sigh.
Smooth as an Ortofon stylus on a Dual tonearm! 😄

·
Turbo lag
1,768 Posts
Went drag racing today. Made my quickest pass in the car. I'm 7889 on the right.

·
port & polish everything
1,631 Posts
Went drag racing today. Made my quickest pass in the car. I'm 7889 on the right. View attachment 533703

Hey this is a good result, as fast as V6 6MT or 2.0T 10AT despite the relative handicap of the transmission.

If you can do anything for your 60 foot time by drag racer thinking there's still room to get faster.

·
Turbo lag
1,768 Posts
Hey this is a good result, as fast as V6 6MT or 2.0T 10AT despite the relative handicap of the transmission.

If you can do anything for your 60 foot time by drag racer thinking there's still room to get faster.
If you look at the tablet, between 3000rpm and 4500rpm in first gear the car goes lean (look in the top left corner, the reading goes from green to white to green). I can feel power loss there. I think I can make more improvements there.

·
Registered
496 Posts
This morning I used Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish on all my windows/windshield. Used orange pads, it took 6 pads. I was amazed how dirty they were even after I started with a "clean" window by wiping it down with vinegar/water and then microfiber. But, the orange pads still picked up plenty of embedded dirt. And now my windows are sparkling. Windshield is great to have sparkly fresh. It removes all the water spots, light-medium scratches, and dirt embedded in the glass..it leaves your windows looking like new. Definitely worth the $20, its plenty to do multiple cars, or keep it in the detail closet.

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
This morning I used Wolfgang Perfekt Vision Glass Polish on all my windows/windshield. Used orange pads, it took 6 pads. I was amazed how dirty they were even after I started with a "clean" window by wiping it down with vinegar/water and then microfiber. But, the orange pads still picked up plenty of embedded dirt. And now my windows are sparkling. Windshield is great to have sparkly fresh. It removes all the water spots, light-medium scratches, and dirt embedded in the glass..it leaves your windows looking like new. Definitely worth the $20, its plenty to do multiple cars, or keep it in
the detail closet.

Which orange pads? Did they come with the Wolfgang glass cleaner?

·
Registered
496 Posts
Which orange pads? Did they come with the Wolfgang glass cleaner?
CCS Euro foam orange pads. They're sold seperately but its a great value and quality product.
Chemical Guys round hex pads are nice too, I used one of those as well.

·
2010 2.4EX
720 Posts
CCS Euro foam orange pads. They're sold seperately but its a
great value and quality product.
Chemical Guys round hex pads are nice too, I used one of
those as well.

Thanks for the suggestions! My local lowest-common-denominator auto parts stores have a rather shallow, limited range of product in every aisle, every category, so I will look for whatever pads they stock. The tire accessory(pressure gauges, inflators, etc) area, for example, is dominated by Slime at any car parts place besides NAPA. Cheapo for the masses.

If you want real, quality auto stuff, have to go online nowadays! 🙁

401 - 420 of 439 Posts