Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Gave her a bath. I've had my 2010 EX-L V6 for 6 days. I bought this car after my 03 EX-L V6 started having transmission slippage. I couldn't be happier with this car. Very well taken care of one owner vehicle. Always serviced by the Honda dealer where it was originally purchased. 94k miles and still has the new car smell. I love the Accord. We are keeping the 03, fixing the transmission and my 17 year old son will take it over after he sells his VW Passat hell machine :wink

Out with the old and in with the new

Attachments

·
Turbocharged
846 Posts
Honda Heritage Center

Went to Columbus Cars and Coffee on Saturday hosted by Honda Heritage Center in Marysville. Accord revisiting its birthplace.:grin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
It's Honda OEM. I think you can get it on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-Accessories-08L96-TA0-100-Select/dp/B001MUN2QG

Installation requires a little drilling, and uses rivet nuts. The installation guide says to use a special rivet nut tool but I made my own tool out of a bolt, a couple of washers, and a couple of nuts.
Thanks! I don't know about paying $79 and waiting 1 or 2 months. What?
But it has plenty of other ideas recommended too. :angel

·
119 Posts
Installed a new battery (Die Hard Gold Group Size EP-24F part number 0285082300). I noticed when it got a bit colder last week that it was turning over a little slower than normal. Figured since I was still using the original battery (at almost 9 years/115k miles!) that I should probably replace it before winter. :)

·
HK Moderator
14,061 Posts
Installed a new battery (Die Hard Gold Group Size EP-24F part number 0285082300). I noticed when it got a bit colder last week that it was turning over a little slower than normal. Figured since I was still using the original battery (at almost 9 years/115k miles!) that I should probably replace it before winter. :)
Wow....let's get back to the old battery for a moment. Do what do you attribute its longevity to? Did you charge it once a month, add distilled water, what?

What group size was it?

·
119 Posts
Wow....let's get back to the old battery for a moment. Do what do you attribute its longevity to? Did you charge it once a month, add distilled water, what?

What group size was it?
I'm not sure what group size it was. Whatever Honda was putting on their cars at the time. ;)

Honestly I didn't do anything special to it. The only time I charged it was once after I left the map light on for a week in the airport parking garage. Then I got a jump start from the airport assistance, drove home, and put it on the charger. I live in Maryland, which has relatively moderate temperatures. I also commute 25 miles to work and back, so most of my miles are on the highway. Never looked at water levels. Hell, I never had it out of the battery tray! I was probably just lucky and got a good one.

Remind me in another 8 or 9 years and I'll tell you what happened to this one.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,575 Posts
Replaced spark plug and ignition coil in cyl #3 due to misfire. This is the second plug replacement. Second plug lasted 2.5 yrs and 60k miles.

Replaced all 5 climate control backlight bulbs (3 were dead).

Replaced "leather" of door armrests and centre console

Fixed driver door creak by tightening bolts/nuts inside door.

Replaced yet another ball joint

Removed/reinstalled rear seat to reposition rear carpet that had pulled away.

Installed Husky floor liners

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
That's amazing battery life.
What vehicle uses a batt that needs water added these days?
I check the battery level every year, to make sure the lead plates are submerged. Add distilled water if level is low and plates are about to expose out of the acid/water. Most batteries still come with top covers that can be popped off with a flat head screwdriver (see picture). In some driving conditions, battery acid can actually spill out of the caps, I have seen this first hand with mine in extremely hot driving conditions with A/C on. Once the lead plates are exposed, the battery will start going south. Distilled water is only $2 a gallon and it takes 5 minutes to check and fill.

Attachments

·
Corvalis TTX
5,575 Posts
How many miles on yours?
If the question was directed at me, 248,000 km (155,000 miles). Not sure why my signature shows up only randomly (it's done this for a few years now), but the car is a 2008 EX-L V6 sedan now driven almost exclusively by my 3 children.

Reactions: 11601
81 - 100 of 133 Posts