Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
pessimistic optimist
1,013 Posts
I think that is a before and before picture. That or you got hosed on "full grain leather" LOL Replacing the horrible vinyl on the center armrest was a great gift I gave myself early on with this car, it is something I appreciate every time I touch it...

·
119 Posts
I think that is a before and before picture. That or you got hosed on "full grain leather" LOL Replacing the horrible vinyl on the center armrest was a great gift I gave myself early on with this car, it is something I appreciate every time I touch it...
I fixed it. Stupid copy paste error.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Was it on the 4 cylinder? How difficult did you think it was?

·
8th Gen Believer
3,949 Posts
Logged 10 hours on a road trip to W. TX and back. The freeways have 75-85mph speed limits, so half of the trip, did 90, the other half curvy 2-lane roads, enjoyed blasting through the sweepers. 28mpg, not a drop of oil. 122k miles on the clock.

·
119 Posts
Oil change, rotated tires, replaced air cleaner and cabin filters, drained and filled transmission fluid, replaced spark plugs, adjusted parking brake, and inspected stuff (brakes, tie rod ends, drive shaft boots, suspension components, exhaust system, fuel lines and connections, drive belt, etc). Installed a block heater. 117k miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was it on the 4 cylinder? How difficult did you think it was?
Yeah on the 4 cylinder. Not difficult at all to be honest. I did it with basic tools, nothing special. Breaker bar was needed for the two bolts that hold the starter. I took my time and did it in 4 hours. I had a bit of a struggle lining the manifold when piecing it back together.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Oil change, rotated tires, replaced air cleaner and cabin filters, drained and filled transmission fluid, replaced spark plugs, adjusted parking brake, and inspected stuff (brakes, tie rod ends, drive shaft boots, suspension components, exhaust system, fuel lines and connections, drive belt, etc). Installed a block heater. 117k miles on the odometer.
Would you know any good video for the inspection pieces?

Thanks.

·
119 Posts
Would you know any good video for the inspection pieces?

Thanks.
I don't, but you can find the PDF of the service manual online. It has a lot of good information in it about how to inspect things. Chapter 18 covers suspension. Mostly you'll be tugging and pulling looking for movement in the wheels bearings and joints, inspecting for cracks, deteriorating rubber boots, grease leaks, etc. I'll take her in to have the alignment checked soon. Chapter 19 covers brakes. You'll be looking for problems with the master cylinder, brake hoses, calipers, checking pad wear, etc.

I'd say start with the service manual, and look for videos for each of the things they talk about inspecting in it.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,575 Posts
Took it in for Ontario's E-Test (emissions test). It passed easily.

·
2020 best year
4,153 Posts
Took it in for Ontario's E-Test (emissions test). It passed easily.
Aren't they trying to get rid of the emission test?

Ontario is the only province that has mandatory emission tests in Canada.

Sent via MHA-L29. Whatever.

·
Corvalis TTX
5,575 Posts
Aren't they trying to get rid of the emission test?

Ontario is the only province that has mandatory emission tests in Canada.

No sign of ending the testing here in ON. The test is a farce. It's a simple OBD2 check to ensure all readiness monitors are appropriately set and that the check engine light is not on, it seems. Maybe they monitor other parameters while the engine runs but I'm not sure. The test can be passed even with mufflers with holes in them. And it's not province wide. Northern ON is exempt as is Renfrew County in eastern ON. Years ago when I had a car that I knew would not pass I registered the car at my cottage in Renfrew County making it exempt, got my annual licence plate sticker, and then registered the car back to my home address in Ottawa. A total farce.

·
2020 best year
4,153 Posts
No sign of ending the testing here in ON. The test is a farce. It's a simple OBD2 check to ensure all readiness monitors are appropriately set and that the check engine light is not on, it seems. Maybe they monitor other parameters while the engine runs but I'm not sure. The test can be passed even with mufflers with holes in them. And it's not province wide. Northern ON is exempt as is Renfrew County in eastern ON. Years ago when I had a car that I knew would not pass I registered the car at my cottage in Renfrew County making it exempt, got my annual licence plate sticker, and then registered the car back to my home address in Ottawa. A total farce.
Isn't that why they have plans to get rid of it? It's just a farce.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts