Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,261 Posts
Got a new set of tires and new HFP wheels. One of my wheels was slightly bent and I couldn't get it to balance properly and was wearing out the tire unevenly.

Also got a SPC single arm rear camber kit. I'm on the HFP suspension so had some negative camber on the rear and it was contributing to uneven tire wear.

Oh, I also serviced it with new timing belt and spark plugs recently. I currently have 110K miles and feel like I can easily go another 100K. :)

Reactions: 11601

·
Race to the speed limit
229 Posts
Developed an oil leak on the rocker arm solenoid. With MrRangerZr1's DIY and some Hondabond HT, problem was fixed after I let it cure for a couple of days.

Minor difference from the video: the J35Z2 harness doesn't detach on the driver side to allow for it to swing around. It's just a matter of disconnecting any visible connectors on the front harness, removing the harness mount, and pulling the harness back a bit for some clearance.

My power steering fluid was essentially black, so I changed that out.
Rotated my tires at the same time so I could turn the wheels lock-to-lock without excessive stress on the pump.

Then took a test drive in Mexico and had a friendly race with a Cadillac Deville. Love this car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Scored an ever-so-rare Modulo front and rear underspoiler.

hey Slick, love your Accord... quick question, how and where, you able to get the modulo front and rear? I know the rear sales on ebay but the front is hard to get. I eve contacted some people in Malasya and they said they don't ship overseas...:confused:

·
8th Gen Believer
3,949 Posts
I replaced valve cover gaskets which were seeping, and the PCV. Been pricing aftermarket HUs that accept CDs along with quotes for sound deadening floor, doors and trunk. Whatchyall doin'?

Reactions: DerekWildstar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Factory radio swap to a Pioneer deck w/Metra harness.
New dash to fit it.
Wired in parking brake bypass, steering controls via Axxess aswc-1, a wireless camera receiver, and an antenna adapter.
Drilled out and mounted the backup cam and it's wireless transceiver (powered via reverse lights)
Restored the headlights (3M Drill kit, worked great)
Now just trying to figure out where to stick this reverse gear input wire and it's a done deal and can be put all back together.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Accord (LX)
11 Posts
Fixed my sagging sun visors for less than 10 bucks

·
Registered
528 Posts
Oil change/tire rotation and a new battery, which led to a discovery of a pretty significant oil leak from the oil pump seal.

So...
Oil Change
Tire rotation
Oil pump seals
New battery

Painful for the wallet, but cheaper than a down payment on a new car, and hey, ramen isn’t so bad, right?

121 - 133 of 133 Posts