Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1161 - 1173 of 1173 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord EXL 2.0
125 Posts
Those cars are SHARP. I was happy I was able to easily find the photo of it just now, because it came through a work event last year and it was my favorite car of the day. Owner was super cool, guy in his early 60s I'd guess. Those wheels alone make the car worth having...
View attachment 527209

Edit: "1885 Buick Riviera"
That's awesome! Was it a horse carriage or steamboat or something? Just kidding, haha.
WOW .. that is exactly the car I had. Same color, same wheels.

·
MT or death
453 Posts
In this list I'm only including cars that were/are "mine" (doesn't include family cars when I was younger):

1991 Dodge Shadow 5 spd.:

1997 Mazda Protege 5 spd.
2000 Ford Focus
2000 Dodge Intrepid
2009 Kia Optima
2010 Mazda 6
2015 Mazda 5
2004 Mazda 6 wagon 5-spd.

These cars I only owned a few months at most because they were bought to flip:
2003 Altima 2.5 5-spd.
1995 Taurus SHO 5-spd.
2005 Mazda 3 sedan 2.3 5-spd.

Current "fun" car: 1988 Dodge Daytona 2.5 5-spd.:

·
Registered
2020 Accord EX-L 1.5T
70 Posts
High School years:
1966 Ford LTD - bought from high school auto shop, full size car, non-power drum brakes front and rear, no heat, friends used to "borrow" with just paperclip under the hood somewhere...
1972 Vega - 2 speed PowerGlide transmission, burned a quart of oil per week, rusted all over, in dry Southern California (where I grew up), probably just because I washed it occasionally...
1973 Vega GT - parts car for the other Vega, never did transfer the part, cylinder head kept going off-center on the block, mixing coolant and oil ...don't ask...

College years:
1975 Chevy Nova LN (luxury nova?) - red interior with beige instrument panel, stripped out the beige parts, painted everything flat black, ended up looking like a Nova SS inside, more or less, fun car for its time, did not give me too much trouble, just gulped gas a bit
1985 Mustang LX 4 cyl 4 speed - bought new, fell apart, incorrect grounding for the stereo caused several other electrical issues in the car.
1974 Chevrolet Bel-Air - 400 cubic inch V8, inherited from my grandmother when she passed away, bench seats could comfortably fit 4 across front and rear, gulped gas far worse than the Nova, above.
1982 Dodge 024 - 1.7 L VW engine, 4 speed stick, zero options (no a/c, no radio (originally)), nearly bicycle sized tires as OEM, bought Shelby rims from a junk yard, still only went 0-60 in "1.5 minutes"...
1983 Renault Fuego - 1.6 L turbo, 5 speed stick, canvas sunroof that 1 out of 3 times would only close on the passenger side, had to coax the driver side to close as well, reason for buying: very long story, don't care to share. dashboard nearly caught on fire, attorney returned to commercial seller for replacement of next car, actually made on this planet...
1985 Plymouth Horizon - 2.2 L, 5 speed stick, brake pedal would go to the floor in the most inopportune times, such as when I needed to stop, timing belt conveniently broke while driving on a freeway, after the belt breakage, the engine valves would stick occasionally cutting power drastically

Post College:
1987 Nissan Sentra Sport Coupe - 1.6 L, first normal, dependable car since the Chevy Nova, drove it cross country, "sold" (the cost to register in her name, and a routine brake job that was due) to my sister, who drove it for another 100K miles
1995 Acura Integra LS 2 dr - 1.8L 5-speed stick, plastic wheel covers, added the factory accessory alloy wheels, installed the tweeter upgrade kit and an Alpine 6 disc CD changer, loved that car, as slow as it was, handled great, no problems

Post Marriage:
1997 Honda Accord LX 4 cyl Auto for wife, no problems, traded in for 2002, below
2001 Honda Accord EX "with leather" V6 (today called "EX-L") for myself, no problems, traded in for CRV below
2002 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl for Wife, no problems, sold to family member in lieu of trading in
2010 Honda CRV EX-L, no problems for myself, but hated the ride, hard as a rock, traded in for the Lexus RX below
2010 Acura TSX 2.4 Auto with Tech Pkg, great car, nice stereo until young family member tested how loud the stereo could go, speaker damage was under warranty surprisingly..., traded in for 2020 Honda below
2011 Lexus RX 350 for myself, but started to realize the ride was not that much better than the CRV, Wife and I traded car keys, she loves the Lexus...
2020 Honda Accord EX-L 1.5T (current, as of this post) for myself, trading in the Acura TSX, no problems, love the car. Bought Jan 2 2020. However, if I knew Covid would take over the world, I would have waited a year...

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The list of coupes in chrono order:

97 Civic DX Coupe: Manual everything, no power steering, no power windows, light as a feather, cornered like a go-kart on rails.

93 Sentra Coupe: It was black, and had a CD player. Clutch pedal either did not have power assist, or lost it along the way under a previous ownership. Shifting was a workout.

89 E30 Coupe: People are not crazy about these cars without reason. Fun to drive, total cop magnet.

Had a bunch of 4-5 door cars other than these out of necessity over the years, but none that I care to mention.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Accord EXL 2.0
125 Posts
High School years:
1966 Ford LTD - bought from high school auto shop, full size car, non-power drum brakes front and rear, no heat, friends used to "borrow" with just paperclip under the hood somewhere...
1972 Vega - 2 speed PowerGlide transmission, burned a quart of oil per week, rusted all over, in dry Southern California (where I grew up), probably just because I washed it occasionally...
1973 Vega GT - parts car for the other Vega, never did transfer the part, cylinder head kept going off-center on the block, mixing coolant and oil ...don't ask...

College years:
1975 Chevy Nova LN (luxury nova?) - red interior with beige instrument panel, stripped out the beige parts, painted everything flat black, ended up looking like a Nova SS inside, more or less, fun car for its time, did not give me too much trouble, just gulped gas a bit
1985 Mustang LX 4 cyl 4 speed - bought new, fell apart, incorrect grounding for the stereo caused several other electrical issues in the car.
1974 Chevrolet Bel-Air - 400 cubic inch V8, inherited from my grandmother when she passed away, bench seats could comfortably fit 4 across front and rear, gulped gas far worse than the Nova, above.
1982 Dodge 024 - 1.7 L VW engine, 4 speed stick, zero options (no a/c, no radio (originally)), nearly bicycle sized tires as OEM, bought Shelby rims from a junk yard, still only went 0-60 in "1.5 minutes"...
1983 Renault Fuego - 1.6 L turbo, 5 speed stick, canvas sunroof that 1 out of 3 times would only close on the passenger side, had to coax the driver side to close as well, reason for buying: very long story, don't care to share. dashboard nearly caught on fire, attorney returned to commercial seller for replacement of next car, actually made on this planet...
1985 Plymouth Horizon - 2.2 L, 5 speed stick, brake pedal would go to the floor in the most inopportune times, such as when I needed to stop, timing belt conveniently broke while driving on a freeway, after the belt breakage, the engine valves would stick occasionally cutting power drastically

Post College:
1987 Nissan Sentra Sport Coupe - 1.6 L, first normal, dependable car since the Chevy Nova, drove it cross country, "sold" (the cost to register in her name, and a routine brake job that was due) to my sister, who drove it for another 100K miles
1995 Acura Integra LS 2 dr - 1.8L 5-speed stick, plastic wheel covers, added the factory accessory alloy wheels, installed the tweeter upgrade kit and an Alpine 6 disc CD changer, loved that car, as slow as it was, handled great, no problems

Post Marriage:
1997 Honda Accord LX 4 cyl Auto for wife, no problems, traded in for 2002, below
2001 Honda Accord EX "with leather" V6 (today called "EX-L") for myself, no problems, traded in for CRV below
2002 Honda Accord EX 4 cyl for Wife, no problems, sold to family member in lieu of trading in
2010 Honda CRV EX-L, no problems for myself, but hated the ride, hard as a rock, traded in for the Lexus RX below
2010 Acura TSX 2.4 Auto with Tech Pkg, great car, nice stereo until young family member tested how loud the stereo could go, speaker damage was under warranty surprisingly..., traded in for 2020 Honda below
2011 Lexus RX 350 for myself, but started to realize the ride was not that much better than the CRV, Wife and I traded car keys, she loves the Lexus...
2020 Honda Accord EX-L 1.5T (current, as of this post) for myself, trading in the Acura TSX, no problems, love the car. Bought Jan 2 2020. However, if I knew Covid would take over the world, I would have waited a year...
How about that Plymouth Horizon .. My sister had one and I feel like it may have been the worst car ever made. Trumped maybe only by my Mom's AMC Hornet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
High School
1965 VW bug
1967 VW bug
1973 VW Super Beetle (Driver during college too)
College (drive and repair for sale)
1957 Triumph TR3
1958 Triumph TR3
1959 (2) Triumph TR3
1961 Triumph TR3
1962 AC Ace
1962 MG Midget
1962 (3) Triumph TR3
1963 Austin Healy Sprite
1963 Austin Healy 3000
1964 Triumph TR4
1964 Triumph Spitfire
1966 Triumph TR4A IRS
1968 Triumph TR250
1963 Jaguar MK II
Fiat 128
And Im sure more I cant remember...
After college and USAF
1978 Chevy monza
1982 Datsun/Nissan Sentra (235k miles in Idaho and Montana. never broke down!!!)
1982 Datsun 280ZX
1985 Nissan truck
1988 Nissan Maxima
1972 GMC Sierra Grande ( Nissan truck wouldn't pull my boat)
After USAF
1987 Nissan Sentra
1998 Toyota Tundra (didnt survive rollover)
1999 Nissan Sentra
2000 Nissan Maxima
2007 Toyota Highlander
2004 Nissan Titan
2009 GMC Sierra (piece of junk- everything broke and sold it with 32k miles)
2007 Honda Civic
2012 Honda Accord EXL
2014 Honda CRV EXL
2018 Honda Accord EXL

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice notchback! I always had a thing for the 5 liter Mustangs. I bought my 87 when I had my learners permit and have owned 3 more since. I always wanted a notch, but could never find one in my price range.

Cars I’ve owned in order over the last 24 years as far as I recall.

87 Mustang LX 5.0
93 Silverado short bed
86 F150
91 Mustang LX 5.0
85 VW GTI (drove that car from MA to CA and back with a friend at age 19)
89 Mustang LX 5.0
93 Integra LS
89 ish CRX
02 WRX wagon
93 Civic Si
87 Cressida wagon
03 WRX wagon
93 Impreza wagon with
WRX swap
06 Civic Si which I still have and will become my winter car

Currently driving a 2014 Accord V6 6 speed manual and loving it!

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord, Coupe, Touring (V6, 6AT), 2017 Honda Accord Sedan, EXL V6 w/ Navi, Sensing
335 Posts
A few of them:
Shwin
Hodoca
ToteGoat
Ford
Yamaha
Ford
VW
VW
VW
Ford
Suzuki
Datsun
Toyota
Toyota
International
Ford
Chevy
Toyota
Audi
6 Hondas
Acura and a few Suzuki and Yamaha toys since the International.

Or something there abouts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. Very reliable car. Just as reliable as my current 2013 Accord or dare I even say more reliable?

1161 - 1173 of 1173 Posts