Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have a 08 accord 2ddr v6, I bought it new and I driven about 50 000 miles on it. I usually get the oil changed every 5 months n haven't gotten anything else done. I was wondering if I need to do anything else to the car...

Im guessing I need to change the tranny fluid etc I'm gonna be going to the shop and can have them do it all than.
What do you guys recommend?
Thanks

·
Shift_ STILL Not A Honda
318 Posts
Nothing... Wait another 10,000 miles and ask again...
Honda services are done every 30,000 miles.

But to answer your question for the 60,000 miles service:
Transmission drain and fill (check components)
Oil drain and fill w/ oil filter change
Drain plug washer replacement
Tire balance and rotation
Brake fluid drain and fill
Brake pad/rotor inspection
Power steering fluid top-off (replace if too dirty)
Windshield washer fluid top-off
Lube/Grease hinges, gaskets, joints
Check Radiator fluid levels/quality (drain and fill if necessary)

There maybe a few things I've missed, but that's the meat and potatoes of it.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Nothing... Wait another 10,000 miles and ask again...
Honda services are done every 30,000 miles.

But to answer your question for the 60,000 miles service:
Transmission drain and fill (check components)
Oil drain and fill w/ oil filter change
Drain plug washer replacement
Tire balance and rotation
Brake fluid drain and fill
Brake pad/rotor inspection
Power steering fluid top-off (replace if too dirty)
Windshield washer fluid top-off
Lube/Grease hinges, gaskets, joints
Check Radiator fluid levels/quality (drain and fill if necessary)

There maybe a few things I've missed, but that's the meat and potatoes of it.
There is no 30/60/90k mile service on the 8th gen, everything is per the maintenance minder. The MM may say to change the tranny fluid at around 60k, but I don't know as I don't even have half that mileage yet.

OP, if you haven't changed the engine air and cabin air filters, I would change them. I would also drain and fill the tranny every 20-30k miles. Replace the brake fluid every 3 years. You could **** out as much power steering fluid as possible and just fill it up, no need to actually drain the entire system. Rotate your tires, check thread depth and brake pad thickness.

·
Hondaracer4vtec
670 Posts
I would wait for the brake fluid change until you need front or rear pads again. it makes it simple to work with. If you drive highway and not in stop and go traffic...your Brake fluid should be fine. follow the MM in your car, letter and Number. whatever is next when the oil change comes up, you can do most of the inspection yourself.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey guys,
I have a 08 accord 2ddr v6, I bought it new and I driven about 50 000 miles on it. I usually get the oil changed every 5 months n haven't gotten anything else done. I was wondering if I need to do anything else to the car...

Im guessing I need to change the tranny fluid etc I'm gonna be going to the shop and can have them do it all than.
What do you guys recommend?
Thanks
Other than engine oil/filter change, I would also have the trans flushed, coolant changes, & fuel injection cleaned, just to be on the safe side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts