Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into getting new wheels sometime down the line. I'm up in the air between the 08-10 6-6 wheels and the '11 5-spokes. Of course the 08-10 wheels on a sedan has been done before so y'all should know what it looks like. But since I haven't seen the '11 wheels on a sedan yet, I decided to do a little photoshopping. Let me know what you guys think! (Don't mind the photoshop drop, I plan on doing a moderate drop as well in the future :))

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Doesn't look half bad, but if I was changing the rims I wouldn't go with something that simple :dunno: go big or go home :thumbsup:

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
The 11 wheel is similar to the (current) TSX wheel. Someone here have them on. Can't recall who.

Yes, I'm waiting for 11 or 12 guys to start selling their OEMs when comes time to replace my tires.

BTW, your pic is perfect and also my game plan.

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't look half bad, but if I was changing the rims I wouldn't go with something that simple :dunno: go big or go home :thumbsup:
Heh this is my daily driver. I just a really clean but OEM look to it, not down to spend lots of $$. I have plans to snag another car that I could big with :thmsup:

The 11 wheel is the updated version of the (current) TSX wheel. Someone here have them on. Can't recall who.

Yes, I'm waiting for 11 or 12 guys to start selling their OEMs when comes time to replace my tires.
Drew, I was not aware that these are revised TSX rims until you mentioned it. Now I can see the similarities. And you and me both buddy, I'm waiting for the '11 rims to hit the classifieds! And thanks for the compliments on the chop, I just wanted to throw it together real quick just to see how it looks.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Sorry, you are quick, I went back and edited my reply once I did a search again. The are only similar in that they are 5 spoke 17/18.

But on your other statement. Yeah, if I do come across 08-10 6-6 wheels, I would go for it too. Me-You same.

Get a spoiler too.

P.S... Hey, if you got time, photochop mine with the 11 wheels.

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad to see that we're on the same boat! Haha yeah and the TSX rims are 17" if I'm not mistaken, so these will suit our big 8G bodies better. What color is yours?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have a set of older Mazda 6 rims on mine now for winters, and it looks a lot like that first chop. Not bad at all.

·
09ACCORDCOUPE
599 Posts

I agree, it looks too stock.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
Heh this is my daily driver. I just a really clean but OEM look to it, not down to spend lots of $$. I have plans to snag another car that I could big with :thmsup:
Totally understand :thmsup: How much are you spending looking at spending?

·
V6 Slingshot Engaged!!
519 Posts
That looks awesome man! Do it!
I am throwing the idea around of getting into a new '11 v6 coupe. They sure are awesome looking especially with those wheels..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looking into getting new wheels sometime down the line. I'm up in the air between the 08-10 6-6 wheels and the '11 5-spokes.
Looks good, although it does make it look more like a 5 series...

Photochop car looks lowered also (not sure if you are or not).

·
lol wut
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a set of older Mazda 6 rims on mine now for winters, and it looks a lot like that first chop. Not bad at all.
Sweet, any pics??

Totally understand :thmsup: How much are you spending looking at spending?
Well I'm kinda holding off on any suspension/exterior mods for now because I have other priorities. But when the time does come, I think I might go with the Megan EZ series. I've always loved BC coils but for a $23k Accord LX, doesn't really seem worth my money IMO.

That looks awesome man! Do it!
I am throwing the idea around of getting into a new '11 v6 coupe. They sure are awesome looking especially with those wheels..
Yep! Exactly why I want them on my sedan =)

Looks good, although it does make it look more like a 5 series...

Photochop car looks lowered also (not sure if you are or not).
Ahaha yea in my OP I said I added a little photoshop lowering because I might drop the car on coils too.

Not a bad thing IMHO...
Not at all! I love it, looks really classy yet sporty and the best part about it is that it is OEM! I'm really pushing to make my car as OEM clean as possible exterior-wise no matter how plain many may think. I'm gonna be driving this thing on the daily soon, seeing lots of hwy miles and road debris so no point in dropping $$$ into it. It's just here to get me from point A-B.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts