Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious, what do you use to clean the inside plastics of the dash, door, and cup holders, plastic etc? I had a honda tech touch my dash with greasy hands.

Soap and water? Some kind of car cleaning spray?

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
2,149 Posts
Curious, what do you use to clean the inside plastics of the dash, door, and cup holders, plastic etc? I had a honda tech touch my dash with greasy hands.

Meguires interior detailer with clean, quality microfiber towels. Been using it for years on soft/hard plastic, clear plastics and piano black bits. Works great on cloth/headliners too.

For real bad dirt/grime, TuffStuff.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I been using the turtle wax ICE but ready to change it up. It works wonders on all the piano black pieces that 9.5 used everywhere but the lower hard plastic door panels starting to look semi greasy from it. I just ordered a bunch of Chemical Guys stuff but didn't get the interior cleaners yet. I have the leather clean and conditioner kit, leather air freshener, new car air freshener, stripper air freshener(Legit scent captured), and black forest air freshener. Currently using leather scent which that and the conditioner in the leather kit pretty much smells like the Mothers VLR cleaner I was using before.

·
Registered
119 Posts
+1 for Meguiar's interior quik detailer. Found at Walmart and all auto parts store and has no greasy, shiny finish. It just cleans.

Folex for stains on my cloth seats or headliner.

I'm planning on adding 303 (for UV protection and restoration on plastics, vinyl, and leather) and also Lexol (for leather restoring/conditioning) to my interior detailing kit. This should cover all my interior cleaning needs I think.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,447 Posts
Soapy towel to get the stains then 303 on the dash and door panels. Spray Way glass cleaner on the screens and piano black stuff.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,997 Posts
I use diluted Simple Green to clean "the nasty" off of interior stuff. Then after it's clean I use some type of Meguiar's spray and finish with 303. I hate it when techs or passengers get their greezy mitts all over my car...boyfriend couldn't wait 5 minutes to get home before opening a can of Starbucks Doubleshot and sprayed it all over his side of the dash board the other day... >: |

·
HK Moderator
13,934 Posts
I use the clothing that ex-girlfriends left behind, the soap from dispensers at the local Shell gas station bathroom, and rain water.

I am moving this epic thread to the proper sub-forum.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Usually a diluted APC like optimum power clean. If it's just a bit of dust, a wipedown with a dampened towel with some rinseless wash solution on it does the trick too.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
...boyfriend couldn't wait 5 minutes to get home before opening a can of Starbucks Doubleshot and sprayed it all over his side of the dash board the other day... >: |
I hope he cleaned it up, and did a good job. :laugh

My favorite is the hand car wash down the street.
Ten dollah, we make you hollah. :angel

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,997 Posts
Just cleaned up the aftermath of last week's yard sale excursion...mud everywhere on the passenger's side...lol

This time I just used Meguiar's glass cleaner because I had it on a rag haha

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
8th Gen Believer
3,895 Posts
You got a good deal, my neighborhood car wash is twenty dollah a hollah.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sport model....
1. what do you use to clean the dash since it is a matte finish?
2. what about the leather in the seats, best cleaner/conditioner?
3. has anyone had "hazy" spots on the arm console, back or headrest, or on the door? it almost looks like a lightly faded spot

TIA

·
2018 Accord Hybrid EX-L
135 Posts
For dash and doors a light coating of 303 Aerospace sprayed on then wiped on with a microfiber towel and then buffed with another does a good job and keeps the matte look.

The seats are not real leather so a wet towel or even a touch of 303 should be fine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts