Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my subwoofer installation (details can be found at: http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166778), the vendor ended-up sending me the wrong bass blockers. However, I am wondering if what they sent will work better or worse than what they were suppose to send. Thoughts?

What I ordered:
398uf, 100v, Non-Polarized, Cap 85hz @ 4 Ohm

What they sent:
398uf, 50v, Non-Polarized, Cap 100hz @ 4 Ohm

Keep in mind I am using the OEM Honda headunit and just want these to remove some of the bass from the rear deck speakers. The Infinity sub cutoff range can be adjusted from 80-120hz. Clearly, the two differences are the cutoff range and the power rating, but I am unsure that they rear speakers are receiving in voltage (yes, I could measure with my multi-meter, but thought I would ask some of the experiences folks here first). Thanks for your feedback.

Scott C.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Anybody?

Scott C.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think it's probably better. If you have a sub already you don't need anything lower than 100Hz going to your rears. IMO.

Either way, I think the end result will be about the same.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You really don't need your doors going below 100hz. All it will do is rattle and sound bad

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

I agree with the 100Hz being preferable to 85Hz so the rear deck speakers are not trying to reproduce those lower bass frequencies. However, I was unsure about the voltages - 50v vs. 100v. Is that going to limit my installation in any way (IE. what the rear deck speakers are putting out)? As noted, I am using the Honda factory EX head-unit. The Infinity Basslink subwoofer has it's own 200 watt amp, so as I understand it (feel free to correct me) the rear deck speakers will only receive what is being sent from the Honda factory stereo. The bass blockers are merely blocking those frequencies to the rear deck speakers.

Scott C.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone have any thoughts on the 50v vs. 100v? Will it make a difference with the factory headunit (or aftermarket if I later decide to go that route)?

Scott C.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If anyone has any thoughts I will appreciate hearing them. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a "clean" or black/white answer. Guess, I will keep searching DA and Googling.

Scott C.

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To close this thread, I ended-up using the following and it is working great (at least I am not noticing any negative effects, lost power, odd noises, etc.). :)

398uf, 50v, Non-Polarized, Cap 100hz @ 4 Ohm

Scott C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts