Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the tray inside the Armrest of my 2010 Accord V6 Exl is missing. Did they eliminate it in the 2010 Accord or is it just missing in my car. I also checked a 2011 Accord and it also does not have the tray inside the armrest. The groove for the tray is there in both the 2010 and 2011 accord but strangely the tray is missing. If you have a 2010 Honda Accord Sedan, I would really appreciate it if you check inside your armrest and let me know if there is a tray in there or not. If any of you know, I would also like to know why did Honda all of a sudden decided not to include the tray in the newer model year cars. Thanks a lot.

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
They didn't put them in the '10+ models to cut corners/"save costs"

They also took out the little felt mat at the bottom of the center console (doesn't stick and can be removed easily). Can go to your dealership and see if you can get one for free since it's standard on the 08-09 models or go to sites like College Hills and order them cheaply.

For a quick list (between '09 and '10)...

Removed:
- Center console tray
- Center console felt mat
- Engine cover on EX and EX-L models
- Blue LED on the dome console, normally found between the sunroof and dome light switch (to turn on with the door or not, etc.)
- Glove box light

Changed:
- Sunroof switch uses words instead of pictures

Added:
- HVAC on the rear of the center console
- Bluetooth to non-navi EX-L models

I'm sure there's a few more changes but that's off of the top of my head.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I don't have the tray and I have an 08 EX-L V6. I have the felt piece inside though. and the blue led and glovebox light. I wanna order the tray though

·
(ノ ̄д ̄)&#1
1,015 Posts
The tray should be in there for the '08s. Is your car used? If so, then either the dealership or previous owner took it out and never put it back in or one of them lost it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The tray should be in there for the '08s. Is your car used? If so, then either the dealership or previous owner took it out and never put it back in or one of them lost it.
Yeah I bought it used. The girl that had it before me works at the honda dealer that I bought it from. and she bought it from them brand new. Its something I can do without, but it would be nice to have lol I had an 05 previously and in that one it was incorporated with the arm rest lid.

·
Super Moderator
3,434 Posts
It's those little details that always made Hondas great for day to day use.

Going from my 7th gen to the 8th gen, I missed that large center cubby with cover (big enough for a camera or even my gf's smaller purses), drink holders in the doors big enough for a large water bottle, the armrest with full double tier storage which even included a coin holder (not that stupid "tray") - on that note the power point was in front of the arm rest storage not in back - making it much easier to access. Tho my 08 coupe didn't have this quirk, I noticed the sedans have a door pull that is is "hollow" - meaning you can't set anything in there... unless you buy an accessory cup to drop in. That was always the perfect place to set a phone or keys. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

They also took out the little felt mat at the bottom of the center console (doesn't stick and can be removed easily). Can go to your dealership and see if you can get one for free since it's standard on the 08-09 models or go to sites like College Hills and order them cheaply.

Removed:
- Center console tray
- Blue LED on the dome console, normally found between the sunroof and dome light switch (to turn on with the door or not, etc.)
- Glove box light

Changed:

Added:

I'm not sure when the SYNC button came on board, it wasn't in my '08

The no Blue LED was a surprise to me until reading your post...snapped a pic, it was a nice amenity during pitch black evenings, but I'd rather have the much better fit and finish on my '10 in terms of interior, tucking of cloth, padding of pieces and tolerances on panel fit (exterior) rather than that little ambient light :)

Non-navi EX-L ... the feature most touted for '10 as an addition (LOVE it, does great w/ my Samsung Epic)

Console tray and pad (was in my '08, not in my '10...even the parts people were thrown for a loop when looking up in their system, they were equally surprised it was removed and ordered both parts up gratis

Engine cover? Same as my '08 configuration...only additional cover I know of is the crosstour one (which I find a bit fugly)

Something odd, when I had my '08 (was a very early assemble date 8/07) next to the '10 I purchased...the rear view mirror mount area had changed. The '08 was higher on the windshield....also the flip (for night/brights blinding you) mechanism seems larger, but that could easily be my imagination.

I was disappointed about the glove box light removal, but my led domes put off enough light to suffice...I had no clue until reading this thread about that little change... like I said above, I'll easily trade those off for the upgrade in fit/finish I can see of the bat w/ the '10 (assemble date of July '10)

snapped these photo's as I was on my way to Krispy Kreme...and saw this nice little super car in AMG silver (spotted a forest green one downtown and valeted last weekend--Silver is the clear winner for MB nostalgia/throwback to the Gullwing era)

SLS AMG ftw!

·
Registered
682 Posts

Removed:
- Center console tray
- Glove box light

Changed:

Added:

Is there any way to put a light in the glove box in the 2010? I had no idea of the real differences until you pointed them out (thanks).

Also, I really like the leather shifter on the crosstour (auto)...how can I get this for my sedan? The shifter on the accord is fugly (even with the exl v6, they could have done better).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is there any way to put a light in the glove box in the 2010? I had no idea of the real differences until you pointed them out (thanks).

Also, I really like the leather shifter on the crosstour (auto)...how can I get this for my sedan? The shifter on the accord is fugly (even with the exl v6, they could have done better).
just order one from magauto or collegehillshonda. I think I got mine from chh for around $80 after shipping. It is a direct replacement so its really easy to install.

·
Registered
71 Posts
There are other threads with all the changes in them.... but they also..

Removed the hood liner

Added a trunk liner

Changed the center console lid stitching ('10 is one piece)
Changed the door inserts on EX ('10 is just plastic versus vinyl)

Removed:
- Center console tray
- Glove box light

Changed:

Added:

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
I noticed that the tray inside the Armrest of my 2010 Accord V6 Exl is missing. Did they eliminate it in the 2010 Accord or is it just missing in my car. I also checked a 2011 Accord and it also does not have the tray inside the armrest. The groove for the tray is there in both the 2010 and 2011 accord but strangely the tray is missing. If you have a 2010 Honda Accord Sedan, I would really appreciate it if you check inside your armrest and let me know if there is a tray in there or not. If any of you know, I would also like to know why did Honda all of a sudden decided not to include the tray in the newer model year cars. Thanks a lot.
My 2010 didn’t come with the tray inside the armrest either. I bought it from CCH. I actually hated the thing so bad that I took it out. It just seemed to get in my way every time I needed to place something in the armrest. Hey man, it’s yours if you want it, just taking space in my place.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My 2010 didn’t come with the tray inside the armrest either. I bought it from CCH. I actually hated the thing so bad that I took it out. It just seemed to get in my way every time I needed to place something in the armrest. Hey man, it’s yours if you want it, just taking space in my place.
I'd be glady to take it off your hands :nuts:

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
I'd be glady to take it off your hands :nuts:
Tell you what….give the OP 24 hours, if he doesn’t respond PM me with your address and it’s yours.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tell you what….give the OP 24 hours, if he doesn’t respond PM me with your address and it’s yours.
I am the OP. If you really do not have any use of the tray then I would sure be glad to have it. I am sending you my address. Please check your PM. Thanks a lot.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
I am the OP. If you really do not have any use of the tray then I would sure be glad to have it. I am sending you my address. Please check your PM. Thanks a lot.
Shipped! Enjoy :thmsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts