Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done plasti dipping my 2013 Honda Accord sport metallicplastidip the wheels with 5 coatsof black plasti dip and 3 coats of glossifier tell me what you think. I already had some random guy tell me it looked dope. I love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
500 Posts
I never cared for black spray painted stock wheels...looks like you're riding on donuts.

·
Corvalis TTX
4,611 Posts
Not my cup of tea but as long as you and some unimportant random dude like it ...

·
Registered
871 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
You asked for thoughts, looks (sorry) horrible. Why do that to nice wheels? I just do not get the ugly plasti dip crap. Its your car, if you love it, its your choice, unattractive as it may be. :thumbsdow

·
No PRND
583 Posts
Looks like you did a nice job. There are some people on here that have plasti-dipped wheels and various chrome peices. I prefer the the look of the sport wheels left unpainted but I have considered painting the inner/angled parts and leaving the face unpainted. Just want someone else to do it first, then I can decide if I like it :)

Poor guy, catching all the negative feedback on his first post. Don't let it scare you away. :salue:

·
Chris
23 Posts
I actually think it looks pretty good with the glossifier. I'm still not sure I wanna do it.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
10,413 Posts
Ruined a nice set of looking wheels. Wheels want to stand out. Turning them black hides them and from a distance makes them look like steel wheels.

Only a handful of cars can pull off black wheels, and the Accord isn't one of them IMO. The design of the wheel is important too.

You should have done them in a gunmetal color.

Blah blah blah everybody has there right to say things.
Don't tell me you're upset that people don't like them? You did ask people to "tell me what you think."

·
Retired from BMW of NA
7,317 Posts
Only a handful of cars can pull off black wheels, and the Accord isn't one of them IMO. The design of the wheel is important too.
agreed...
This car can pull off the black wheels, due to the contrast and matching other design elements on the car, the accord can't...

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I did all mine black.... front and bottom grille, "H" border in front and whole "H" in rear, rear bumper chrome, window trim, and my 17" wheels. Vinyl wrapped my handle bar black.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Rim

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Mid-size car

I was thinking about replace both emblems with the Red JDM Emblems

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've removed the "Accord" badge from the rear and dipped the rear H and the front and rear chrome strip on my coupe. I'm planning to do the chrome around the front grille in white to match the car.

Khan did you leave the grille on when you dipped it? Was it hard to do?

I had planned on doing the wheels in black but I really like the look of the stock wheel...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.