Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I am Tr
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my people!

I'm looking for shops in areas like Rockville, Lothian, Dunkirk, Cali Maryland Fredrick, Gaithersburg. As you can see nice areas. I'm looking to fix up my 06 4 door Honda Accord or as I call her Olivia. However, I don't want to get ripped off just because I am a girl. Only thing I have is a little k & N air filter that is what a little 4HP. I want some work done, I have a little 4 cylinder. Some people are saying I can't do much to it. They said if I had a V6 then I could do a lot. I want her fast, I may want to do legal racing in the future.

In addition, I want tints. Now, I called Driven Dynamics they told me it would be 190. I went in yesterday they told me like 200 something. I don't know if they are trying rip me off or what. What i do like is they use the best tint & give you a life time warranty as long as YOU own the car. Furthermore, I also wanted to get custom paint but can't seem to find a shop. The ones I did see they all had bad reviews or they have no life time warranty.

Attachments

·
Fear The Turtle!
2,167 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you want to start modding like you say you're gonna exceed the value of the car pretty quickly. Agile Automotive is in Fallston, they do good work.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,906 Posts
You can't turn a four cylinder family sedan into a supercar. If you want fast then quit wasting your money on this car and go buy one with some potential. A Chevy SS comes to mind, or a Camaro V-8, Mustang V-8, etc..........

Is this Accord at least a five speed manual?

·
I am Tr
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I wanted another brand of car I would have gotten one. I have seen people fix up there Accords. Instead of downing it why don't you try to help instead. Funny how all you focused on was me wanting to make it faster and nothing else. However, I was going to wait it out & buy a V6, then try fixing the car up more.

cintocrunch - Thank you. I'm not to worried about putting more money into the car. I see people do it all the time. I revived a good deal on my car too.

·
8th Gen 6-6 Red Coupe
282 Posts
In order to make your car substantially faster you would need forced induction. I'm pretty sure that hondata has released a tuner which would be your first step. Even if you didn't want to turbo, getting the car tuned after a redone exhaust will help a lot.

I wouldn't spend money on a repaint until you're sure you're satisfied with the performance output. It will cost a bit for the engine work.

Tint on average is about 200. That's fair. I'd try to get something with a warranty against fading for life... And that could be up to 300 but honestly way worth it vs getting new tint every 3 years due to fade.

There's nothing wrong with a 4 cylinder. To me, they feel lighter so around town or in tight bends theyre a bit more fun.

Whatever you decide to do, it's your car and your money. As long as you're satisfied with the result, great. The only reason people are telling you to switch is this: once you begin the modding journey, it's hard to stop, especially when you put more and more money into it.

Second, while sometimes hard, is often cheaper and easier to get something that starts with more power or better looks, or the paint color you want from the start. That way you can focus on only the aspect that you care about most. Such as exterior look, interior, or performance.

·
I am Tr
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apple Slicer - Wonderful, I love my Honda I can't see myself with another car. Thank you so much for this info. And the color I want no one knows the color or never seen it. I have seen a Honda on instagram with something similar to it. However, the guy never responded. The color I want it looks red, but then it could looks black. Once again thank you so much for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts