Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2017 Honda Accord Sport (Special Edition) and I'm looking to replace the head unit on the dashboard. I went to a couple of places and they both recommended Kenwood products (one was a DDX9907XR, I forgot the model ID of the other one). The problem is that I don't know if those products will give me control and functionality of the iMid system (factory screen/radio). I still need certain features to work on the iMid system (setting time, rear backup camera). Can anyone recommend any quality multimedia receivers compatible with my model that will give me most, if not all, capabilities and control of the iMid system? I am already aware that I'm going to have to replace the dashboard to have one installed.

· Premium Member
3,547 Posts
I've said this before, but it bears repeating..go to Crutchfield and talk to them.
Their tech support alone...is better than any place I've dealt with.
They've been doing it for years..
They'll be able to answer your questions.

Half the time, many of these other audio places have sales staff that have never done an install and they have no clue except to recommend one of their brands that they rep.

· Registered
2 Posts
I've said this before, but it bears repeating..go to Crutchfield and talk to them.
Their tech support alone...is better than any place I've dealt with.
They've been doing it for years..
They'll be able to answer your questions.

Half the time, many of these other audio places have sales staff that have never done an install and they have no clue except to recommend one of their brands that they rep.
Crutchfield does not recommend the head unit be replaced in these accords

· Registered
171 Posts
Crutchfield does not recommend the head unit be replaced in these accords
Interesting since I purchased the 99-7804HG from crutchfield. Works for the Sport which the OP has. Not sure about the EX trim and up though.

BUT

You have to buy this to retain your upper display.

I can still control the upper display,setting of time, door locks. At least the functions I care about are available to me after installing this.

Then get a double din radio and install it.

I have the 99-7804 unit installed with a Kenwood DNX995 for the past 2 years and so far so good.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for your comment, that kit is very expensive , they really know how to hit you where it hurts.
I found a few aftermarket upgraded options I might try within the $500 to $700 range supposedly they are direct fit and replacement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.