Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Car so nice, bought twice
4,733 Posts
The only thing required would be oil changes. You should change the sparkplugs, flush the brakes, and change the tranny fluid, but none of that is really "critical" maintenance.

And all the more reason to do maintenance stuff yourself, since labor usually ends up costing more than the parts and fluids themselves at the dealership.

· Car so nice, bought twice
4,733 Posts
Agreed, we put something together for the 7th Gen owners....$250 to do it ALL the maintenance with basic tools. So many new owners that needed a "What to do" and a "How to do it".
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=145746
I've got my 6 month maintenance coming up next month (synced to June and December). Might put together a giant DIY post on how to do oil, tranny fluid, spark plugs, engine air filter, cabin air filter, and brake bleeding since I'll do it all in 1 afternoon.

/Off Topic
This weekend is already booked with trying to get my alternator pulley off and going back to OEM, and possibly removing my alternator to see if it gives me enough clearance from above to get at the AC pulley to replace. Honda says the compressor has to be removed ($400 dealership bill), but I think getting the alternator out of the way might do the trick. Doesn't seem to be any access from the side or below due to the subframe. I'll probably make DIY posts for this stuff too, although I don't think anyone will need them for at least another 5 years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.