Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Crystal Black Pearle Accord Touring
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a crystal black pearl 2017 Accord Touring 2 weeks ago and i freaking love it!! I have some chemical guys vs38 and i got some meguiars M105. I used 2 passes of the m105 and then 1 pass of the vs38 for the cleanup. This combination worked perfectly on my test spot. However, after i finished the entire car, the sun had gone down so i took a LED light and shined it in various directions to look at the finished job and lo and behold, HOLOGRAMS!! What is the proper way to remove the holograms? This has convinced me of a couple of things:

1 - this color is REALLY gonna be hard to keep looking good
2 - i'm not sure you ever completely remove the swirl/scratch marks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don’t buff on it too much.
Does that mean, less pressure or less time? I used a DA buffer with orange pad with m105 and same buffer with grey pad and v38. Some say no pressure and some say use pressure...

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,248 Posts
I’m just saying that less is more. Many times one thing causes something else worse. You are going to get some degree of swirls and any imperfection like a tiny scratch or chip will show; that’s a reality.

However you need a finishing polish like M205 and a black pad. As less aggressive of a cut as needed to achieve the goal. Generally when buffing the paint you need a system of about five pads, a high quality DA buffer, an enclosed area, some decent skill, and plenty of time. I think all of that is excessive on a daily driven car.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long story but i finally used the Torq10FX DA and a yellow pad with v36 and the hollograms are gone but now i see a 'haze' as it were in the finish. I should have just paid the money and had it done right the first time!

·
Registered
767 Posts
V36 is a cutting polish that will leave a haze. your next step is to keep using the DA but step down to a finishing polish. I use Menzerna Final Finish 3000.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,850 Posts
What buffer did you use? What pads did you use? You left out a lot of information like how much experience you have.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Sorry.
I use a Porter Cable Orbiter. (7424) It's called a UDM (Ultimate Detailing Machine) but it's made by PC. I would use a Lake Country CCS yellow or orange pad, speed 6, with very slow motion over the paint.
I'm a serious hobbyist. I've paint corrected several cars but nothing too devistating. I stick to mild correcting/polishing. I don't want to get into trouble with a rotary.

·
Registered
23 Posts
With a black vehicle, I would seriously consider investing in some Chemical Guys Blacklight and V07 combo. I have used it on other colors, because I don't own a black vehicle, but it is great stuff to work with. Nobody really knows what it is, but everyone agrees that it works great on a black vehicle. It will work well with your PC, worked well with mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts