Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 EX Coupe automatic with 111,235 miles on it.

. Recently my CEL came on with a code of P0341, which is for the cam shaft position sensor. The car drives fine except for the oil consumption problem it always has had and was supposedly fixed with a TSB years ago with an ECU update. But the problem is still on going. The only other issue is a loud rattle for about a second when the car starts coming from the engine bay but not on every start.

I called my local Honda service department to get some information from them. I wanted to ask for the cost of replacing the timing chain as I was thinking that could be the cause of the CEL. While on the phone with them they offered to check the car out for free and wanted to start an oil consumption test. I was also told that Honda extended the warranty to 8 years and 125,000 miles due to the consumption issues.

Has anyone had any experience with this being fixed? Did the warranty extension cover the timing chain if it was stretched due to the oil consumption issues. Also did anyone have the VTC actuator replaced as well. I am trying to get some background information before dropping the car off to see what I might be getting myself into.

Thanks

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Oil consumption is a oil ring issue, no ecu update will correct. A few member have stated they either had the Pistons replaced or a short block replaced when the cylinder liners were damaged.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have a 2008 EX Coupe automatic with 111,235 miles on it.

. Recently my CEL came on with a code of P0341, which is for the cam shaft position sensor. The car drives fine except for the oil consumption problem it always has had and was supposedly fixed with a TSB years ago with an ECU update. But the problem is still on going. The only other issue is a loud rattle for about a second when the car starts coming from the engine bay but not on every start.

I called my local Honda service department to get some information from them. I wanted to ask for the cost of replacing the timing chain as I was thinking that could be the cause of the CEL. While on the phone with them they offered to check the car out for free and wanted to start an oil consumption test. I was also told that Honda extended the warranty to 8 years and 125,000 miles due to the consumption issues.

Has anyone had any experience with this being fixed? Did the warranty extension cover the timing chain if it was stretched due to the oil consumption issues. Also did anyone have the VTC actuator replaced as well. I am trying to get some background information before dropping the car off to see what I might be getting myself into.

Thanks
You are good on the oil consumption issue. It is as you stated above 8 year/125,000 miles. The vtc actuator issue isn't related to oil consumption and won't be covered under the extended warranty. You can pay to get it fixed but there has not been to my knowledge a change in the actual actuator so it'll proly happen again eventually. I believe people have gotten replacment of vtc actuator under warranty but they had many less miles than you and we're still under the normal factory warranty. Good luck at the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts