Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
94 EX 4cyl/2003 EX V6
19 Posts
Probably the ones with pop-out monitors that flip up so you effectively get even more visual space. I don't know if anyone makes bigger than a 7" diagonal monitor on one though. As long as it doesn't flip up to bang another control anyway...

DIN and Double DIN are standards, there isn't anything oversize otherwise.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
Probably the ones with pop-out monitors that flip up so you effectively get even more visual space. I don't know if anyone makes bigger than a 7" diagonal monitor on one though. As long as it doesn't flip up to bang another control anyway...

DIN and Double DIN are standards, there isn't anything oversize otherwise.

B-b-b-but he didn't ask about a flip-up monitor! He just asked what the biggest double DIN was. Now, we roast him. :)

Sorry not to be a jerk but...

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Although neither one will fit in our vehicles without major modifications.

-Mike

Neither of those are double DIN units, though.

Google "ISO 7736" that will explain what a single DIN and double DIN are.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Crutchfield should be able to tell you what double DINs would fit in your car. I believe the depth (front to back) may vary. I may be wrong though.

·
EarthDreams
788 Posts
Crutchfield should be able to tell you what double DINs would fit in your car. I believe the depth (front to back) may vary. I may be wrong though.
They're all pretty much the same, unfortunately. They're generally 6.5-7.5" deep. I don't know why nobody makes a shallow mount head unit. It seems like a logical idea to me as long as you don't require a "pimp my ride" flip out touch screen, or CD player. :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts