Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I drive a 2015 Honda Accord LX. It only has about 48,000 miles on it, and I like to keep it well maintained. Today, upon mowing, I found a small, black, plastic part at the end of my driveway. I'm not sure that it even belongs on my car, but I want to be sure that everything is in tip-top shape and either put it back or take it into the shop if it indeed does belong on my vehicle. It has PLX-US A5 Honda >TPO< 35 printed around the outside, if that helps. Any info you can give would be really helpful as I am generally pretty anxious about my car. ?

Honda Enthusiast
I drive a BMW now. 馃嚛馃嚜
Body plug. Somewhere under your car there鈥檚 an open hole. It鈥檚 not critical. If you want to replace it, you鈥檒l need to crawl under there and find it.

Registered
Open the front doors and check near the door hinges. There's usually 2 or 3 of these rubber grommets in that area on each side of the car. Hopefully, it's just one of those that happened to fall out. If it's not, then it probably did come from underneath the car.

I've noticed that the grommets in the front doors tend to become loose after a while, so I've made a habit of pushing on them every once in a while. I've had to do that with every single Accord I've had, dating back to my 6th gen (nearly 20 years ago).

Registered
The inner rubber circle looks deformed at ~9-11-o'clock in your 2nd pic. So if it is from your car, you may want to buy a new one. Otherwise it's likely to fall out again, and probably not so close to home, so you might not even know it's MIA the next time...

BRWNFLSH now
Has someone worked on the door locks? People will often take them out, and forget to put them back in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.