Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned this thing so I relished that it comes off but I'm not sure if I touched something I shouldn't have lol..

Here's a picture
ImageUploadedByAG Free1380241697.685403.jpg

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
Enough with the smartass answers, because I'm curious as to what is is now too.

(Is it just a plastic cap that does nothing else besides labeling a connector?).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Enough with the smartass answers, because I'm curious as to what is is now too.

(Is it just a plastic cap that does nothing else besides labeling a connector?).
There we go thanks drowned! Would be nice to know I take it it's probably nothing special but who knows.. It's near the fuel injectors and has some rubber tubes but I still can't figure out what it is if it's for decoration shame on you honda lol

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
"Stuff" has it right, it is the VALVE ASSY., ELECTRONIC CONTROL MOUNTING SOLENOID part # 50931-SDA-A01, the cap on top is a vent for the vacuum.

Engine vacuum is routed from the intake manifold, through a control solenoid valve and then to the motor mount itself. The mounts have two modes or positions—soft and firm. The softer mode improves idle quality; the ECM activates the softer position at idle speeds. The mount goes into the firmer mode when engine speed exceeds 800 to 1000 rpm. This solenoid, which is called the engine mount control solenoid valve, has a hooded vent on top of it.

Typically, the ECM energizes the engine mount solenoid valve by grounding it at idle. When the solenoid is energized, engine vacuum flows through it and down to the motor mount. Applying vacuum to the motor mount puts it into the softer mode. Then the ECM ungrounds (deenergizes) the solenoid above idle. When this happens, the solenoid valve releases the control vacuum through its little vent and the motor mount goes into the firmer mode.

So the cap is just a vent for Vacuum so it does not **** in containments into the intake.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts