Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been wanting to buy a new accord, torn between the 2.0t touring or the hybrid touring. From what I've seen the 2.0t gets pretty bad mpg's (mid/upper 20s), but I've seen a very few posts where 2.0t owners have seen mid/upper 30 mpg's on highway only. Now that the car car been around for a little while, do you guys mind sharing what kind of mpg's you guys get? I plan to do around 80% highway driving, will be averaging around 80-85mph since speed limits in my area are 70mph. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
108 Posts
Been wanting to buy a new accord, torn between the 2.0t touring or the hybrid touring. From what I've seen the 2.0t gets pretty bad mpg's (mid/upper 20s), but I've seen a very few posts where 2.0t owners have seen mid/upper 30 mpg's on highway only. Now that the car car been around for a little while, do you guys mind sharing what kind of mpg's you guys get? I plan to do around 80% highway driving, will be averaging around 80-85mph since speed limits in my area are 70mph. Any info is appreciated, thanks!
See here: Honda Accord MPG - Actual MPG from 212 Honda Accord owners

You can further sort by year and then look at the highway entries if a user tracks that information.

For me I did a mostly highway (around 75%) last summer and got 31.5 MPG (7.5 L/100km).

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have 300hp with my tune and mods and get 27 highway. I love having such a powerful car with 25mpg combined.

·
Registered
772 Posts
32-35mpg if I'm light on the throttle and cruising at freeway speeds. City driving is where the 2.0t really is rough on gas, especially if you utilize Sport mode or are heavy on the throttle.

Reactions: hawk51

·
Registered
21 Posts
32-37 mpg depending on how I drive. I also do about 80% highway, at any speed from 65-85 depending on traffic and road conditions. I had a 2009 V6 Accord before which was a lot worse as far as mpg so I feel like I drive a Prius now lol. Definitely saving on gas.

·
On my second Accord.
2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT Still Night Pearl 5500 km. '07 Accord EX-L I4 Nav 5MT sold.
316 Posts
7.0-7.2 L/100 km (32-35 mpUSg) when I measure on my highway trips, but that's with minimal city distance, and that's with the 6-speed manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
18' sport. Getting 24.4 over 3kmiles (optimistic from the dash) about 60/40 highway. Granted, I do idle with the AC on a bit. If I go highway only I've been able to get 35.4mpg from in car dash.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yes, absolutely. The more city/ local driving, the more it hurts the mpg in a drastic way. I have averaged 36.xx coming off a short stretch of pure highway drive, as soon as I got back to local driving, the mpg dipped to below 30, then went back down to 26ish with a couple more days of local driving lol

·
Registered
281 Posts
I use Phillips 66 ethanol free gas - 92octane. I read a claim :) that ethanol free gas should return 70 more driving miles than 10% ethanol gas.

·
NextCruise
43 Posts
My 2018 2.0T typically gets about 38 mpg on mostly rural highway including limited access highway and two lane country roads. 10% ethanol regular Costco gas.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

Well, there. Here’s my most recent trip with mostly highway driving over about 50 miles.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I thought it would have been better with the 4 banger and it does seem to have variability from what is being reported. My v6 gets anywhere from 33-39 on the highway summer gas has a lot to do with it. In town it's bad but over 7 years of ownership I usually go 400 miles before the light comes on with mixed highway/city driving or in the high 20's to low 30's. I think that's been pretty darn good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don’t know how you guys get those numbers I have a Honda Accord 2018 2.0 and I drive 80% highway 20% city and all I get is 19.2 mpg

·
Registered
2019 Accord Sport 2.0 6MT
108 Posts
I don’t know how you guys get those numbers I have a Honda Accord 2018 2.0 and I drive 80% highway 20% city and all I get is 19.2 mpg
Do you drive with sport mode on all the time? If not there must be something mechanically with your car to be getting 19.2 with 80% highway driving.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts