Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Stock rear speakers in the sports are 4ohms. I have tested mine with a multimeter.

I experienced the same thing when in went to replace the stock speakers with some Polk components. I can to the conclusion that the stock head unit does not push enough power to run the aftermarket speakers.

If I can figure out how to measure rms with a millimeter I will test it out.

· Registered
22 Posts
I have not taken the door panels off yet to check. I bought the same speakers for the front and the rear. Polk dB 651s. I figured the power was split evenly to all 4 speakers.

I have the sport model. It is a four speaker system with no amp. I think you have to upgrade to the exl model to get the amp and 7 speakers.

· Registered
22 Posts
Only disadvantage to using just the rear speaker signals to drive all 4 speakers is you lose your Fade ability.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I also understand that if you do not use the front channels from thread unit and just leave the wires hanging and not connected you loose the hands free calling. So you need the from 2channels from the head unit to be active.

I read this in another thread. If I can find it again I will have to post the link.

I guess we could test this by fading the speakers to the rear and make a phone call

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.