Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2021 Accord Hybrid, Base Mdl. I would like to know what you owners are using for engine oil? New to the site, but have got great info from other forum for Ford Superduty owners.

·
MT or death
326 Posts
Opinions and emotions will vary wildly, but my opinion is that you should use the weight specified in your manual and as long as the brand has this symbol on the bottle it will be fine.

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
524 Posts
I also just let the Honda dealer service department use whatever they choose. They know what they're doing, and I've never had a problem.
As long as you choose the weight that's specified in your owner's manual, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Opinions and emotions will vary wildly, but my opinion is that you should use the weight specified in your manual and as long as the brand has this symbol on the bottle it will be fine.
View attachment 529219
Yeah, used Castro Edge in the last car, turbo Passat, with direct injection. Am planning on staying with it, just wanted to know what u guys use, my first Honda.

·
Registered
258 Posts
These threads are usually very similar. A couple guys will say brand A. Several guys will say brand B. One or two guys will say whatever the dealer puts in. At least one guy will say whatever is on sale at the store.
It really does not matter. You gotta buy the one that gives you the warm fuzzies.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
As long as you change it when you're supposed to and have record of those changes, if something happens under warranty, you'll be covered.
I run the recommended weight on the cap and have a few brands that give me the "warm and fuzzies" that I go with based on whichever is cheaper ;)

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
161 Posts
Amsoil signature series 0W-20 the best. Especially for turbo charged vehicles. Second goes to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The best oil for your car is whatever 0w20 YOU like using. Keep up on YOUR intervals (not opening that can of worms here) and enjoy the ride! I have been using Mobil 1 and a new Honda filter every 5k - 6K miles. Right? Wrong? Not sure, Wasting a few bucks? maybe, but I feel good about it.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
big difference in price, but i have an advance auto about a mile from my house in town. the nearest walmart is like a 40 minute round trip. If someone told me I could find a $20 bill in that walmart parking lot if i drove there right now, I would stay home

Reactions: kerrydeare

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
These threads are usually very similar. A couple guys will say brand A. Several guys will say brand B. One or two guys will say whatever the dealer puts in. At least one guy will say whatever is on sale at the store.
It really does not matter. You gotta buy the one that gives you the warm fuzzies.
The "I use 5w30 in my German cars so I used the same stuff in my accord because german engineering yo! and my engine blew, therefore honda is crap" guy should also deserve an honorable mention.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts