Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Amsoil signature series 0W-20 the best. Especially for turbo charged vehicles. Second goes to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.
Yeah good video but the Redline makes the engine much much smoother. I switched to Amsoil and honestly thought something was wrong. I'm going back to Redline as esther based and moly makes for a much better ride. In addition Redline has far more anti-wear elements, and slightly fewer detergents, so when added up Redline has more good stuff for your engine. Either way, cheap oil that gets changed frequently is better than a good oil that is changed over an extended time.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w20 can find it on sale on Amazon at times for $20-$25 for 5 quart jug

·
Cruising in Montana
4,041 Posts
The "I use 5w30 in my German cars so I used the same stuff in my accord because german engineering yo! and my engine blew, therefore honda is crap" guy should also deserve an honorable mention.
I'm not sure if you were around here when something like that really did happen here. Some guy from the Euro diesel car world came over to Honda and put 15w-40 in his Honda. It was fine, until one day he had a hole in the block (or something like that) and he swore it wasn't the oil's fault. Let's just say he was the only one feeling that way.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'll be honest. That probably near the bottom of my list of priorities when oil in my car.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Usually M1 Synthetic, but unsure after taking it in to dealer under Honda Care Maintenance program. I paid good money for it so hopefully it’s good oil lol. I guess I’ll need to start checking every time now.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
10,122 Posts
Amsoil signature series 0W-20 the best.
It's arguably among the best but it DOES NOT have the API approval symbol. Technically it could void your new car engine warranty because it does not meet Honda's oil requirements. Is that likely? No but it does need to be pointed out. There are two other "grades" of Amsoil that do carry the API crest.

·
8th Gen Believer
3,874 Posts
Valvoline.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I use Crisco cooking oil

Reactions: emeron

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
160 Posts
It's arguably among the best but it DOES NOT have the API approval symbol. Technically it could void your new car engine warranty because it does not meet Honda's oil requirements. Is that likely? No but it does need to be pointed out. There are two other "grades" of Amsoil that do carry the API crest.
Wow really?!?! I did not know that! My previous vehicle 2019 Passport Elite I was using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. I was going to move over to Amsoil Signature with the new Accord. Now it looks like I am going to stay with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

EDIT

You got me looking more into this. I just noticed Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is not API certified. The regular Platinum is though it seems.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Used Castrol for years Started using Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and will stick with that a while..so far, so good. More important factor is the weight, not the brand.

·
Registered
2021 ACCORD SPORT 2.0
41 Posts
Amsoil signature series 0W-20 the best. Especially for turbo charged vehicles. Second goes to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.
ultra penzoil not api cetified either. my money going to penzoil platinum until warranty over, then going ultra

ultra penzoil not api cetified either. my money going to penzoil platinum until warranty over, then going ultra
origanal fill is honda conoco/phillips full synthetic btw. the oil is expensive as heck.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Accord Touring 2.0T
160 Posts

origanal fill is honda conoco/phillips full synthetic btw. the oil is expensive as heck.
I seen Honda has full synthetic and full synthetic Ultimate. What is the difference?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,885 Posts

·
Registered
2021 ACCORD SPORT 2.0
41 Posts
i`ve also since seen on website ads that it is api Penzoil ultra shown. I don`t know but i hope so for my first drain n fill on my new accord.

·
More cars, more problems
208 Posts
K-Y.

21 - 40 of 60 Posts