Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What other services should be done at the first oil change visit beside changing oil? And how much should the first service cost?

I see some people on this forums are getting first few oil change and maintenance free from their local honda service. Is the first oil change and maintenance service free out of courtesy of the dealership? Or is it honda's policy for new car bought?

I ask because I am scheduled for my first oil change and maintenance at the deanship where I bought the car. But they didn't mention that I would get the first service for free. And I don't want to get rip off since this is the first car I ever owned. Any tips for news are welcome. Thank you.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i get 2yrs free maintnence for buying a car at my dealer. so its dealer dependent. usually a change is around 20-30 at the dealer. i also get sent coupons all the time from my dealer also for all kinds of maitnence items. but first time on a new car, just oil

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
What other services should be done at the first oil change visit beside changing oil? And how much should the first service cost?

I see some people on this forums are getting first few oil change and maintenance free from their local honda service. Is the first oil change and maintenance service free out of courtesy of the dealership? Or is it honda's policy for new car bought?

I ask because I am scheduled for my first oil change and maintenance at the deanship where I bought the car. But they didn't mention that I would get the first service for free. And I don't want to get rip off since this is the first car I ever owned. Any tips for news are welcome. Thank you.
Whatever MM code comes up is what should be done. But, I would change the oil filter, too. It will tell you just oil every other oil change.

Jay

·
Banned
13,099 Posts
Strongly suggest you spend some time reading through your owner's manual too. Lots of great info in there.

Since this is your first car, you will learn that there is a difference between what the maintenance schedule in your owner's manual says (it was mostly written by the people who designed and built your car), and what the dealership's service adviser says (the guy who makes commission on all the "recommended" services you don't need).

Flip through that book!

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
I just topped off the nitro in my lungs. I took a breath.....:yes:
But only 78% of it was Nitrogen.

(thanks NYS Regents Earth Science and Mr. Socian, where ever you are. :thmsup: )

Jay

·
Banned
13,099 Posts

Cost?: Just give your credit card to The Man- he knows what is best. Trust in The Man.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Although Honda recommends changing the filter every other oil change my dealer's service advisor says they always change the oil filter with every oil change. I would also have the tires rotated at the same time. Doing them together will save having to get the tires rotated at a later date and you won't forget to get them rotated.

Front wheel drive cars need to have the tires rotated regularly to get maximum wear out of your four tires. The front wheels provide the power, the steering and most of the braking which will wear the fronts twice as fast as the rear tires.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts