Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the V6 battery and TL-S sway bars, and planning to do the V6 strut bar, what else is there? I'm not interested in the V6 brake upgrade at the moment because mine have plenty of life left and work great. And no, I don't want the V6 engine. I like having all of my spark plugs :x

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Chris, you need to sell it and get something reliable. :devil

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm keeping my car forever. There's nothing I can't fix, unless it gets in a wreck.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can rig up a second exhaust finisher and pose like a big dog with 80 more HP.
Nah, don't want my car to make me look like some V6 princess who uses a lift to install his TL-S bars :hic:

·
Roll Tide!
7,532 Posts
I used a lift to change my oil and ATF too cuz it only costs me $5 and they recycle my fluids right there. I'm all for working smarter and not harder; because I can. I don't think you could afford it because you are always fixing broken poop on that "most meticulously REPAIRED accord on this site" car of yours and you'd be spending $500 per month in lift fees.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't get the drag queen discount:devil

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Start looking on ebay for a used V6 engine... that's what you need. You cannot gain 80HP by doing any other mods unless you put in a turbo.
Don't want the V6 engine. Wouldn't mind the power but I don't want the baggage that comes with it. Just want my car to handle like a V6 car.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You may not get a discount, but you definitely have that role down pat. :x
Nah, I drive a 4cyl and used jack stands to install my TL-S bars

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Just want my car to handle like a V6 car.
Well... technically, it should handle better. Less weight up front.

Oh, never mind! Carry on, gentlemen.

·
Don't drink and drive
5,125 Posts
I don't want the baggage that comes with it.
and what may that baggage be?

2 less miles a gallon?

a timing belt once in a couple of years?

2 extra spark plugs?

Do you realize that you put more money in repairing yours than me in my timing belt?

In my 10 years of owning this Accord since 27k miles, I have put $900 in it...that is parts and labor together.

That excludes regular maintenance such as fluid changes and filters.

You know what comes with baggage? VW, Audi, BMW, Fiat!!! You haven't seen baggage until you paid 5K for a clutch replacement on a BMW. Calling trifles baggage is absurd.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and what may that baggage be?

2 less miles a gallon?

a timing belt once in a couple of years?

2 extra spark plugs?

Do you realize that you put more money in repairing yours than me in my timing belt?

In my 10 years of owning this Accord since 27k miles, I have put $900 in it...that is parts and labor together.

That excludes regular maintenance such as fluid changes and filters.

You know what comes with baggage? VW, Audi, BMW, Fiat!!! You haven't seen baggage until you paid 5K for a clutch replacement on a BMW. Calling trifles baggage is absurd.
Fearing my spark plug will blow at any second, chewing transmissions quicker, timing belt, etc.

Yeah I could have just not replaced several things, but I like peace of mind having no doubt that I can go anywhere at a moment's notice with a reliable car.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts