Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I do this from the tlx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That mounting point looks like it may bend your hood, eventually. You may want to relocate to the edge where it's reinforced.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
If you have so much hate for the V6 then why are we talking getting parts from V6 to put on your I4?

It is very contradictory.
No problem, since you were apparently too busy to read the entire thread

Don't want the V6 engine. Wouldn't mind the power but I don't want the baggage that comes with it. Just want my car to handle like a V6 car.

·
Banned
13,102 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,512 Posts
No problem, since you were apparently too busy to read the entire thread
So what are you shooting for??

- you don't want the engine that's 80HP > I4
- you don't want the transmission -> I have 242000 miles on the original transmission and you are OCD with trans fluid change on the I4, just do the same on the V6 transmission
- most suspension parts aren't interchangeable except for front upper/lower control arms and ball joints, rear lower control arms and all knuckles. All of which don't improve performance

You want?
- V6 heated leather seats? Prepare to do some wiring
- V6 outside temp sensor?
- V6 badge? -> might as well get the red one from the 6 speed + aftermarket H emblems
- V6 17" rims?

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
Yeah know, reading through this terribly enlightening thread, I nearly missed the fact the OP was chris911 and not some random newbie troll looking to be spoon fed.

This info has already been posted Chris - SEVERAL TIMES - by myself and others ... SMH mate, do yourself a favour and do a bit of reading and research, if anything to give Jim less ammo ... Actually, I don't mind if you don't take that advise though cause I rather enjoy his calling out other lesser 'member rides'.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
Reactions: RickBlaine

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Nah, don't want my car to make me look like some V6 princess who uses a lift to install his TL-S bars :hic:
I don't get the drag queen discount:devil
Wow, shots fired. With @jimijam 's avatar, I can understand the assumption, and (s?)he seems to handle personal attacks well enough. This is either a wildly inappropriate personal attack, or some kind of inside joke that I've missed from before I joined. Regardless, I agree, work smart not hard. I'd pay $5 to use someone's lift if it was close enough to home. I'm definitely interested in finding a used one for my own garage if the price is right.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Wow, shots fired. With @jimijam 's avatar, I can understand the assumption, and (s?)he seems to handle personal attacks well enough. This is either a wildly inappropriate personal attack, or some kind of inside joke that I've missed from before I joined. Regardless, I agree, work smart not hard. I'd pay $5 to use someone's lift if it was close enough to home. I'm definitely interested in finding a used one for my own garage if the price is right.
Yeah well he needs some competition, he's always messing with someone. I don't think he spends much time recovering from being hurt.

Got to make do with what I have available. We don't have shops around here that rent lifts, and it'd be a PITA to use someone else's because they'd have to be there, and if something came up where I needed a part to make the car drive-able again, then I'm stuck on their lift.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The TLX is like what?
I believe what @Christaltrooper is saying is that the setup is the same on the TLX, so he just copied what he saw on the original. However, my concern is this. Is the TLX hood identical to the Accord hood? The TLX may have additional reinforcement in the hood to compensate for the uneven support.

If anything, I believe a second one on the other side would be better much like my wife's Cherokee or a few Sonatas I've seen. That way the load is balanced across the hood. Having a single rod in the stock setup is fine because you lift it by hand, prop the hood allowing only the weight of the hood to rest on that support, detach the rod, then lower it by hand again to close. When you have a single piston on one side and you push the hood down to close, re support is resisting more than just the weight of the hood and you are adding more stress to the hood, risking bending the hood over repeated use.

·
V4 Watch
796 Posts
I do this from the tlx

I went the other way around and swapped to a prop rod. I don't have to worry about the nonexistent struts failing, AND I can lift the hood all the way to the vertical position. :thmsup:

Edit: Oh yea! And half a pound of weight reduction, bro!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe what @Christaltrooper is saying is that the setup is the same on the TLX, so he just copied what he saw on the original. However, my concern is this. Is the TLX hood identical to the Accord hood? The TLX may have additional reinforcement in the hood to compensate for the uneven support.

If anything, I believe a second one on the other side would be better much like my wife's Cherokee or a few Sonatas I've seen. That way the load is balanced across the hood. Having a single rod in the stock setup is fine because you lift it by hand, prop the hood allowing only the weight of the hood to rest on that support, detach the rod, then lower it by hand again to close. When you have a single piston on one side and you push the hood down to close, re support is resisting more than just the weight of the hood and you are adding more stress to the hood, risking bending the hood over repeated use.

Yes thank you!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts