Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't want the baggage that comes with it.
and what may that baggage be?

2 less miles a gallon?

a timing belt once in a couple of years?

2 extra spark plugs?

Do you realize that you put more money in repairing yours than me in my timing belt?

In my 10 years of owning this Accord since 27k miles, I have put $900 in it...that is parts and labor together.

That excludes regular maintenance such as fluid changes and filters.

You know what comes with baggage? VW, Audi, BMW, Fiat!!! You haven't seen baggage until you paid 5K for a clutch replacement on a BMW. Calling trifles baggage is absurd.
As a I4 driver it sadness me to say but I agree. If you gonna go all out on v6 mods might as well buy one. Selling your car plus the " mod " money you got yourself a v6. Or swap out engine and tranny. Timing belt you gonna have to do on any car at some point so yeah can't really save there. I got a 2000 Accord that I had for over a year in that time I put on 50k. All I replaced was the two belts, upper control arms and radiator plus the hoses and front rotors with pads and just drums in back. All that thru out the year costed me $1000 if I was to added to the 1800 I spent when I got the car well it wouldn't be a I4.. however my plans is to run my car for as long as I could with only repairs that A needed cause i do drive between four diff states for work so I put on miles quick. Once it gives up on me my next thing put a v6 engine with 64k on it for $500 and another 1k let's say for labor. Sounds crazy right ? But I'm saving in long run from doing repairs that I have already done on my Honda. The usual wear and tare.

·
Roll Tide!
6,795 Posts
I don't think the OP could handle the refined engine and extra power of the V6 so he's prolly doing it right by just sticking to the "V6 mods". Not sure why he's trying to mod his way into one other than he must be trying to compensate for something. Perhaps the maintenance and repair on his i4 is getting too out expensive and time consuming.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I don't think the OP could handle the refined engine and extra power of the V6 so he's prolly doing it right by just sticking to the "V6 mods". Not sure why he's trying to mod his way into one other than he must be trying to compensate for something. Perhaps the maintenance and repair on his i4 is getting too out expensive and time consuming.
Maintenance? Please! At least I don't have to worry about a rubber belt snapping, or shooting a spark plug out if I don't torque it every so often. Or eating a trans

·
Don't drink and drive
4,571 Posts
A rubber belt snapping? Millions of cars run on timing belt. I think automotive engineers knew what they were doing when they decided to put a belt.

How's that V6 oil dipstick mod coming?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts

·
7th Gear
1,444 Posts
v6 battery ground cable is significantly bigger that the 4 cyl.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
v6 battery ground cable is significantly bigger that the 4 cyl.
Yes, but our battery is much smaller, so we don't need it. :lmao:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
And no, I don't want the V6 engine. I like having all of my spark plugs :x
You do get to keep all of your spark plugs. Plus 2 more.

I've also got a set of 6-6 wheels and tires sitting around if you're interested in that 'mod' ;)

Reactions: Das Chicken

·
7th Gear
1,444 Posts
Yes, but our battery is much smaller, so we don't need it. :lmao:
But if you have the v6 sized battery...

It also help with audio and other accessories that pull more amperage, as the chassis ground is supplied from the battery, it's best to balance the positive and negative gauge sizes.

I.e. I'm running an amp that pulls up to 90 amps and uses 4 gauge wire, so now I'm using the v6 ground cable with a 4 gauge ground piggybacking it to the stock location.

·
Don't drink and drive
4,571 Posts
You do get to keep all of your spark plugs. Plus 2 more.

I've also got a set of 6-6 wheels and tires sitting around if you're interested in that 'mod' ;)

Send me a PM with that wheelset.

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,028 Posts
VEEESIX MODDDSSS !!!!!

I think my summer rims are from a V6, but Photobucket is greedy and all my car pics are on their site ...

Reactions: jimijam

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Don't feel bad about missing or passing on 2006 6-6 wheels. They look ok but are only 6.5 inches wide.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts