Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While conditioning the seats on my 03 EX-L the other day with Lexol, I noticed that the backs of the seats did not feel the same as the actual seating surfaces. Are they leatherette instead of real leather?

Also, is the center console cover, door trim, arm rest, rear fold-out arm rest, and head rest also leathertte?

For the surfaces which are not real leather, should I avoid conditioning them with Lexol?

·
Doing trumps "I've read".
110 Posts
general rule of thumb

I once had an an upholstery guy tell me "If your body touches the surface while you are sitting in the car seat, it's leather. All the rest is vinyl."

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Lexol is just about completely useless, as none of the "leather" surfaces are exposed for any leather treatment to penetrate into, they are coated with a waterproof coating to minimize wear.

The actual sitting surfaces of the front seats are leather, but coated, the back sides and rear seats, and the center console are all fake leather.

The only area I am not 100% sure is the steering wheel cover.

The Lexol I bought are now used for my leather sofa and leather jacket which are not coated with the impenetrable coating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts