Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My warranty will expire in September and want to know what services/maintenance I should try to get before I have to pay out of pocket. So far it has 20,000 miles and has had 2 oil changes but nothing else.

My daily commute is about 80 miles round trip. My foot is on the brake most of the time since there is always heavy traffic... but usually drive 70mph going uphill when the roads are open.

There have been 3 occasions where the car has been driven at 100mph with fast braking (smelled like hot breaks after) and this kind of concerned me that the suspension or something else might be getting damaged. Also, I took a 230 mile non-stop road trip at 85mph for most of the trip.

Thanks for any input you might have!

·
Black 2015 EX-L V6 Sedan
1,185 Posts
Well, your warranty isn't for maintenance, it's for when things break on your car.

If you're overheating your brakes you may need to get pads soon, and maybe even new rotors if they're discolored. Where the hell are you driving 100mph all the time? Braking at that speed is going to kill your brakes man!

Try leaving more of a distance to the car in front of you so you're not on the brakes all the time.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
Hi All,

My warranty will expire in September and want to know what services/maintenance I should try to get before I have to pay out of pocket. So far it has 20,000 miles and has had 2 oil changes but nothing else.

My daily commute is about 80 miles round trip. My foot is on the brake most of the time since there is always heavy traffic... but usually drive 70mph going uphill when the roads are open.

There have been 3 occasions where the car has been driven at 100mph with fast braking (smelled like hot breaks after) and this kind of concerned me that the suspension or something else might be getting damaged. Also, I took a 230 mile non-stop road trip at 85mph for most of the trip.

If there is nothing wrong with your car, there is nothing to have done.

Jay

·
Banned
14,429 Posts
There have been 3 occasions where the car has been driven at 100mph with fast braking (smelled like hot breaks after) and this kind of concerned me
Your stock pads are NOT designed to handle autocross-type driving.

If you live in Saudi Arabia you no doubt learned that you need to upgrade your pads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get your car serviced by the dealer.. Normally with warranty services are free but again it depends of your local dealership. My dad had free servicing until his warranty expired for his Pilot.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hi All,

Don't break your brakes by baking them. What things are broken on your car because of manufacturing defects?

·
Banned
14,429 Posts
Don't break your brakes by baking them.
Yeah, take a break before you break your brakes so you don't break when you brake.

Then you'll go broke because you broke your brakes, and will have to work two jobs with no break.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Rick, I see what you did there (post 8).

Another component of the brake system to consider is the brake fluid. Stock fluid is likely dot 3 with a very low wet boiling point. If one is going to drive with either pedal pressed with max force, they should consider upgrading the fluid too. Better fluid has higher wet boiling points to you're less likely to get brake fade. It would also be helpful to get rid of the stock rubber lines and get some SS lines.

Addendum: You should flush your brake fluid at least every 2 years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts