Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's time for new shock absorbers on my 99 V6 coupe. Having never picked out a set and the market being a bombardment of various brands and respective performance claims, I could use some clarity.

I'd like to hear some success (and perhaps some not-success) stories from those who have used various brands. I love responsiveness and the feel of the car so I want to preserve that obviously. What I don't want is the exclamation of every bump, leaf and stray cigarette butt that I run over.

So what do we like? What don't we like? I welcome any advice!

·
Houston, Tx.
78 Posts
struts

I have tried several brands over the years, the best were KYB and the worst were monroe sensa tracs.

I now feel that the originals lasted better than any of the replacements. If I replace again it would be with OEM or KYB.

KYB really handle better than most others.

Good luck. Dan.

·
Super Moderator
4,630 Posts
Tokico are also a good brand. They're the set I'm considering for my next set of struts when the time comes. My current set of KYB GR-2 (GR-2 has been renamed to "Xcel" or something like that recently) handles pretty well and can take a mild lowering if you're interested in that later down the line.

Some people have also run with Eibach struts with good handling performance if you're interested in running those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts