Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright as some of u might remember i purchased some 20" lexani lss-10's about 5 months ago and i love the way they look,
but heres the problem the lss-10's have a chrome lip/clad and for some reason they are popping/squeaking when i drive. i have already had one replaced for manufacturer defect but the new one they gave me is doing the same thing, to make things worse lexani is saying there is nothing wrong with the rim i sent back and doesnt want to give me credit for it. i am to the point where im trying to get a complete refund and they are trying to refuse it. lexani offers a one year warranty against manufacturer defect....WHAT SHOULD I DO? i am so tired of riding around with these popping a$$ rims. any tips/help would be appreciated

·
Registered
851 Posts
ill give ya $5 for each rim =D lol
uhm what kind of popping noise are you talking about?

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wtf i thought i posted this in the wheels forum......mods pls move!

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
I've never heard of a wheel popping. Sounds like a design flaw in the wheels or something, do they all do it or just one? I guess something is loose and is rattling on bumps?

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its definantly a design flaw i think its only the front wheels, due to the extra weight of the engine.. the stainless steel chrome clad/lip is just a "shell" and creeks/squeaks/pops when in motion..i dont understand why i am the only one with this problem seems like lexani would have other similar cases

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it's like a cover on the lip? Can you move it with your hands etc?
yes its a stainless steel cover/shell on the lip. you can not see it move visibly but u can mimmick the sound by applying pressure to the lip with your hand,i just dont understand how lexani can sit there and tell me theres nothing wrong with the rim, when the defect is only noticeable when tires are mounted on the car and in motion,,

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i was considering selling them if they dont give me a refund but who wants rims that pop?lol

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
besides the popping the rims are near perfect. if anybody thinks they can fix the wheels i would be willing to sell them. if lexani doesnt grant me a refund. hopefully they do

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright im getting a complete refund..im just really upset cause i spent months trying to find the right wheels, and now im back to square one, i am thinking about buying another set of rims but with winter around corner im going to be back on stock wheels regardless...so i guess im going to be rolling on my stockys for now..oh btw does any one know where the cheapest place to buy vossens are?:naughty:

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Must be in North Texas? We don't have to worry about winter down here on the gulf coast heh. It snows for a day every few years I guess if that and it doesn't stick around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts