Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my megan ez coilovers and one problem I'm having is that the 17mm Damper / Mounting bolt keeps spinning and I need a nut that will stop it from spinning. The original strut didn't use a nut to stop the bolt from spinning but the megan ez's I got were used from someone and I feel like he didn't give me the necessary bolts / nuts. I went to Home Depot and I checked all the sizes and the 1/2 inch diameter nut was a tad bit small. I got a picture of the bolt. I just want to know what size nut would fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
they should have given you a nut. you'll need metric hardware which isnt carried at home depot. Check a fastenal store if you can find one in your area.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent them an email. Thanks again

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump on this old thread

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you sir...i love you

found it. I should of just checked megan's website. The nut is: For the rear suspension, the OEM rear shock fork has a nut welded on. We replace this with a nut with these dimensions: M12 x P1.25 x 15L

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can anyone send me a link to these nuts on ebay or anywhere? I see a lot of M12 x P1.25 lug nuts but I can't fine any nuts for this type of bolt :\

·
Car so nice, bought twice
4,057 Posts
can anyone send me a link to these nuts on ebay or anywhere? I see a lot of M12 x P1.25 lug nuts but I can't fine any nuts for this type of bolt :\
See above: Part number 19 on this picture: http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/...matic-engine/chassis-cat/front-lower-arm-scat will work fine.

You can also google the part number - 90215-SB0-003 - and find tons of places selling them.

Altenatively go to mcmaster.com and search for 91415A235 . It's not a flange nut though so you'd probably want to use an appropriate sized washer with it. McMaster doesn't sell a flange nut M12 in 1.25 pitch.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks again!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts