Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 accord exl with 17 inch wheels.
Running michelin Premier AS 225/50-17 94V.

Dealer says 32 lbs, tire store says 34. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Set it at 34 and in a couple of weeks when temps change it will at 32.

·
NOT your average Joe
2006 Accord EX Sedan, 2.4ℓ & 5-spd Auto
120 Posts
What does the placard on the door jamb say?

·
Registered
14,407 Posts
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY FROM MODERATOR
This is what we got so far....

Dealer: 32
Tire Store: 34
Door Jamb sticker: 32

Reactions: Mikeh and 2Accordz

·
Registered
222 Posts
Does 2 psi make a crazy difference? I know sometimes pressures are also found on the tire. I would go with the tire recommendation at that point.

·
Registered
83 Posts
2018 accord exl with 17 inch wheels.
Running michelin Premier AS 225/50-17 94V.

Dealer says 32 lbs, tire store says 34. Any suggestions?
33 ?

Does 2 psi make a crazy difference? I know sometimes pressures are also found on the tire. I would go with the tire recommendation at that point.
Tire pressure change all the time, temp of the tire when cool parked, temp when driven for 20 min., temp when driven all day, then there’s the air temp. 2 or 3°, is subjective, go with dealer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
What I have seen on the tire has always been the max pressure. Not a good idea to use that. The same tire can have different recommended pressures on different vehicles.

Tire pressure change all the time, temp of the tire when cool parked, temp when driven for 20 min., temp when driven all day, then there’s the air temp. 2 or 3°, is subjective, go with dealer.
I'd also say that 2 psi back or forth don't make or break your day.

·
2018 Touring 2.0T
21 Posts
I tend to inflate about 10% over the door-jam recommendation on the presumption that this results in less sidewall flexing and thus cooler running here in the South Florida heat. Am I doing something dumb? Enlighten me, o gurus.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Luddite - I do about the same thing in the Aridzona heat, and, for the same reasons. I've done this with EVERY vehicle I've ever owned (since the early 1960s) and have never found a reason to stop doing it.

- Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts