Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
^^vv<><>BA
12,486 Posts
What tires would you recommend for a wider stance outside of the body?
Tires by themselves aren't going to give you a wider stance. You need wheels with a lower offset than what you currently have. If you have stock wheels now, they have a +55 offset.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Accord EX 4-6 MSM
162 Posts
As someone said above, you need wider wheels. My 19x9.5 +22 poked like hell before I got my coils on (two days later). So if that’s the look you want, well, there you go.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As someone said above, you need wider wheels. My 19x9.5 +22 poked like hell before I got my coils on (two days later). So if that’s the look you want, well, there you go.
Thank you, you would happen to have a picture before the coils?

·
Registered
162 Posts
this was before coils, tires are 235/40 so they’re stretched a moderate amount

·
Registered
162 Posts
What generation do you have?
8 is still not a super wide wheel. I’d look at 8.5 and up to be honest. A 0 offset may look super funky too with a wheel that doesn’t have the width to back it up. If you have one of the newer gens (8+, maybe even 7th) I think 18x 8.5 or 9.5 with an offset of 35 or smaller is near perfect on a stock suspension. When you get to the older models with smaller bodies I can’t help ya haha

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What generation do you have?
8 is still not a super wide wheel. I’d look at 8.5 and up to be honest. A 0 offset may look super funky too with a wheel that doesn’t have the width to back it up. If you have one of the newer gens (8+, maybe even 7th) I think 18x 8.5 or 9.5 with an offset of 35 or smaller is near perfect on a stock suspension. When you get to the older models with smaller bodies I can’t help ya haha
I have a 7th gen 03 4dr exl. I was thinking 18x8.5 to not be excessive. Maybe a deeper look of a 10mm offset, thoughts?

current:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Man, those are some beefy tires you got there!
Gotta remember, the lower the offset number, the more poke you’re going to get. Going below 22 is getting into crazier stance wheels and they’re going to look suuuuper awkward on a stock height car. I didn’t even really love mine when I got them on because the poke was insane, I wish I got better pics that showcase just how much they passed the wheel well. Again, this is just my personal preference...I like a fatty wheel, stretched tires and light negative camber but that’s as far as I go. Maybe you can hop on your local car page and find someone with those wheel specs that will let you test fit so you can get a better idea because it’s so hard to explain in words without having a visual lol. But I still think a 35 or higher offset would be about as far as I’d go on a 17, maybe even 18-inch tire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want that Mexi-flush look, you'll certainly get it with either of those setups
Thats what I'm going for lol. Just an inch or 2 poking.

Man, those are some beefy tires you got there!
Gotta remember, the lower the offset number, the more poke you’re going to get. Going below 22 is getting into crazier stance wheels and they’re going to look suuuuper awkward on a stock height car. I didn’t even really love mine when I got them on because the poke was insane, I wish I got better pics that showcase just how much they passed the wheel well. Again, this is just my personal preference...I like a fatty wheel, stretched tires and light negative camber but that’s as far as I go. Maybe you can hop on your local car page and find someone with those wheel specs that will let you test fit so you can get a better idea because it’s so hard to explain in words without having a visual lol. But I still think a 35 or higher offset would be about as far as I’d go on a 17, maybe even 18-inch tire.
You think a 17 or 18 inch tire with a 30 offset would be a good middle ground? I also like the stretched tire and fatty wheel look. Also I'm looking to slap on some lowering springs in the future.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I think if you went 8.5+ with a 30 offset it would look fantastic, personally. You add some 225/35 tires with that and you should be able to get away with the lowering springs without rubbing at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think if you went 8.5+ with a 30 offset it would look fantastic, personally. You add some 225/35 tires with that and you should be able to get away with the lowering springs without rubbing at all.
Thank so much

1 - 15 of 15 Posts