Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I washed the EX today and I wonder what others are using on the inside of the exhaust finishers to keep them clean and the black paint looking good.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
I don't wash the insides of them.. just all the outer chrome. They stay nice and black.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I washed the EX today and I wonder what others are using on the inside of the exhaust finishers to keep them clean and the black paint looking good.
Your wheels make me want to do bad things to myself(;:naughty:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I have never felt the need to wash the inside of the exhaust pipe on any vehicle. Just wash the outside to keep the chrome clean.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

I use Mother's Mag & Aluminum Polish on the exterior and it shines the tips up pretty good. I read a thread where a guy on here did paint the inside of his black and he says it turned out pretty good. Don't recall if he posted pics and I can't seem to find the thread at the moment. Mine look sort of grayish inside now and I was considering doing something to the inside of mine once it gets a bit warmer in the garage. Was thinking of taping them off and using some flat black Rustoleum paint.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I am OCD which I probably acquired when I was showing cars many years ago.

sfm6s524, do you still own your Shelby? I used to own SFM6S1538 many years ago.

·
Registered
72 Posts
sfm6s524, do you still own your Shelby? I used to own SFM6S1538 many years ago.
Yes, I just looked up #1538 in the Shelby registry, and it looks like I bought mine about a year before you sold yours, 1980. I'll have to post a picture of it parked in the garage beside my 13 Sport.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
What looks tacky is that there is a black surround in the first place.
I think the 2014's went back to the polished metal inside, like the 8th gens had, instead of black. Could always buy those and swap out.

I don't know how some of you guys get the bottom bolt out. Mine's welded in there already. I'm afraid to put too much torque on it...don't want to bust the bolt head off and have just the threaded part stuck in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts